academic hood, cambridge pattern

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

madjon

academic hood, cambridge pattern

Postby madjon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 pm

looking at academic hoods of the Cambridge pattern, finding a pattern is irksome, and I don't want to spend the money to buy a hood just to get the pattern to make one in wool, in other words, does anyone have a pattern for the Cambridge pattern academic hood? being a bit mad I want to make one in wool rather than modern material, then I can wear it as a hood rather than a limp upper back ornament.

Brother Ranulf
Post Centurion

Re: academic hood, cambridge pattern

Postby Brother Ranulf » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Are you thinking of the original 1200 style caputium, the 13th/14th century type, the 15th century version, post-medieval or modern? Undergraduate, graduate, master, bachelor, doctor?

Brother Ranulf

"Patres nostri et nos hanc insulam in brevi edomuimus in brevi nostris subdidimus legibus, nostris obsequiis mancipavimus" - Walter Espec 1138

madjon

Postby madjon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:23 pm

the masters hoods of 15th century and modern (19th century) would be of great interest, the difference of colours not being a problem just the pattern, (academic wear being variable under current rules as they specify pattern and colour but not age or date, it leads to most amusing discussions with others in my casual wear)

madjon

Postby madjon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm

found a 19th century/modern pattern to suit, things don't change that quickly, now to find an older one and some goodly wool
http://historyoffashiondesign.com/wp-co ... /08/73.jpg

Return to “Costumes”