Padded Jack

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Paul D

Padded Jack

Postby Paul D » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Does anyone please have a pattern and making instructions (or can you point me in the right direction) for a padded jack suitable for wearing under a mail shirt? Many thanks

Strickland

Re: Padded Jack

Postby Strickland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:59 am

You might try Dave Rushworths pattern, hes on FB I think, or see if Caliver Books still has one. Otherwise check out any forthcoming medieval market for someone who might be selling. Also PM me.....

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Colin Middleton
Absolute Wizard

Postby Colin Middleton » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:15 pm

No, just a tip. Be careful to make sure that your arm-hole is deep enough. If not, you'll get a bunching of the layers of padding in your shoulder as you bring your arm forward, which can cause bruising along the line of the joint.

Best wishes

Colin

Colin

"May 'Blood, blood, blood' be your motto!"

Paul D

Postby Paul D » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Colin Middleton wrote:No, just a tip. Be careful to make sure that your arm-hole is deep enough. If not, you'll get a bunching of the layers of padding in your shoulder as you bring your arm forward, which can cause bruising along the line of the joint.

Best wishes

Colin

Thanks Colin.

Paul D

Postby Paul D » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 am

Strickland wrote:You might try Dave Rushworths pattern, hes on FB I think, or see if Caliver Books still has one. Otherwise check out any forthcoming medieval market for someone who might be selling. Also PM me.....

Neil

Have pm'd you re copy of pattern but not had a reply. Did you get my email? Cheers for now.

Paul D

Postby Paul D » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Sorry. Never did get the pattern or your email. Obviously a prob somewhere. Please try again.

Return to “Costumes”