Persian/Arabic kit incl. armour

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Blanc Sanglier

Persian/Arabic kit incl. armour

Postby Blanc Sanglier » Mon May 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello!

A difficult request, I know...but, can anyone make, or know anyone who does make, historic persian kit?

Not looking to buy right now, but just putting out feelers. What i'm looking for is warriors kit, the soft kit (flowing robes etc) plus some armour, perhaps leather vambraces and body armour. Obviously this is man's kit, but being a female, I'd like it to have a feminine slant.

There doesnt seem to be any arabic kit online at all, so I know this is a long-shot!

Helen

Albion Historical Falconry - preserving the history and heritage of falconry through credible research and authentic public displays and demonstrations- www.albionhistoricalfalconry.co.uk

Phil the Grips
Absolute Wizard

Re: Persian/Arabic kit incl. armour

Postby Phil the Grips » Mon May 27, 2013 3:58 pm

You're going to have to name a period first, as always.

Maybe try Dr Dawson of Levantia- they do Byzantine throughout the UK but may be able to provide leads as armour and clothing manufacture seems similar.
http://www.levantia.com.au/

--Angels also carry weapons--
http://www.blackboarswordsmanship.co.uk/

Blanc Sanglier

Re: Persian/Arabic kit incl. armour

Postby Blanc Sanglier » Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Yes, of course, a period would help (oops)!

Probably sometime 1200's-1400's so it would suit crusading but also later wars such as Vlad vs. Mehmed.

Thanks for the link, btw

Albion Historical Falconry - preserving the history and heritage of falconry through credible research and authentic public displays and demonstrations- www.albionhistoricalfalconry.co.uk

Return to “Costumes”