Dutch 17th century clothing book / catalogue

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Adam the Archer

Dutch 17th century clothing book / catalogue

Post by Adam the Archer »

Hello

I have seen a book that detailed some 17th century clothing from the Netherlands. It was a hard backed book and had some lovely colour photos in it. It was in Dutch, with an English translation. It may have been a catalogue to an exhibition

It had a picture of a 1630's ish doublet in red wool with slashing to the body in it that I am trying to trace.

Does anyone know the title of the book, or indeed know of any links or pictures of the doublet!

Thanks

Adam

Angie

Re: Dutch 17th century clothing book / catalogue

Post by Angie »

I think you mean the book of swedish costume "Modelejon Manlight Mode 1500-1700" by Lena Rangstrom, or Lions of Fashion Male fashion of the 16th, 17th , 18th centuries. Page 78, A red broad cloth doublet included in the clothes of Gustavus Adolphus in 1661. The whole book contains clothes from the swedish royal family.
There was a young woman from Wantage, to whom the town clerk took advantage,Said the Borough surveyor "Indeed you must pay 'er, you've totally altered her frontage"

Adam the Archer

Post by Adam the Archer »

Thats the one! Thanks Angie

Angie

Post by Angie »

There was a young woman from Wantage, to whom the town clerk took advantage,Said the Borough surveyor "Indeed you must pay 'er, you've totally altered her frontage"