anyone attending/performing April/May and need free costume?

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

chelsea

anyone attending/performing April/May and need free costume?

Postby chelsea » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:26 pm

I am a third year costume student starting my final major project. I would love to do something historical, I havn't attempted this period yet but i would be working alongside my costume tutor who has had tones of experience.

My brief states that i have to colloborate with a company or performers for an event which i can film between April/May time. I have been asked to make two or three costumes with props, accessories etc. I was hoping you may be interested in letting me provide you with new costumes.

If this isn't possible but you know of other performers who are looking for historical costumes it would be much appreciated if you could let me know of the places/people i should look into contacting.

I would work off what you tell me you want and would be happy to travel, within reason, to you for fittings etc (i am based in Birmingham, UK).
If you wished to keep the costume after the performance i would simply charge for material costs.

Hope to hear from you soon

Chelsea

Megane Peaks

Re: anyone attending/performing April/May and need free cost

Postby Megane Peaks » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 pm

pm me your details. Which period are you looking at. I may be able to put you in touch with someone on the Bham area.

Angela D Cross
2nd US Artillery, Battery B

bonnacon

Postby bonnacon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 pm

please pm.... have several ideas!

Vivimus vivamus!

cboundy

Postby cboundy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 am

Hi there i do 17th century but live in wales, would you need someone close by for your prodject? Also id be very interested to purchase the items after!

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello all.
Thak you very much for all your responses. After much deliberation I now have my clients for my uni project. I will be looking at making reenactment costumes once this project is all done and dusted however so if anyone is interested in getting in touch with me at a later date for costumes that would be great. Alternatively I will post a message on this forum.
Thank you again to all who have shown interest.
Chelsea.

Return to “Costumes”