LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE LATE 14THEARLY 15TH CENT, DRESS PATTERN

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Fairfax

LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE LATE 14THEARLY 15TH CENT, DRESS PATTERN

Postby Fairfax » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm absolutely rubbish at sewing but have a nice large piece of red wool that I'd like to make a dress from, I have a couple of The Duke's dresses and would like to follow the same simple pattern, does anyone know or have a pattern for a size 8 dress pattern, is there one by something like Simplicity or another make that I can order from somewhere. It will need to be very basic and easy to follow, can't be doing with tucks, facings etc.

Alice the Huswyf
Post Knight

Re: LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE LATE 14THEARLY 15TH CENT, DRESS PATTERN

Postby Alice the Huswyf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Sally Pointer's free pattern and instruction from her website. http://www.sallypointer.com/. Personal use only, good pattern as it was well researched, simple to make and very well explained, photo of it in wear. Will suit your period requirements ideally.

Just promise that you won't do the gores in a different colour to the rest of the kirtle, please!

Is it 'coz I is middewl clarse, aih?

Fairfax

Postby Fairfax » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Brilliant thanks so much, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, think I should be able to GLUE that together(only joking) I meant staple.

Sir Edmund Mortimer

Postby Sir Edmund Mortimer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Fairfax wrote:Brilliant thanks so much, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, think I should be able to GLUE that together(only joking) I meant staple.

Glueing is easier ...lol
my wife used this pattern to make her kirtle it really is a s easy as it looks ... lets see photo of the finished article!!!!

Return to “Costumes”