BBC's 'The Virgin Queen' this Sunday

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Dianne

BBC's 'The Virgin Queen' this Sunday

Postby Dianne » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/virginqueen/index.shtml

this is a lovely website with costume detailing ......... series looks good and The Medieval Baebes are doing the soundtrack!!!

~ Mea Culpa ~

Be careful of what you wish for - it might come true !

Spinit

Postby Spinit » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:02 am

Please read the 'costume' notes about designs etc.Whilst I am no expert and I dont want to rain on anyones parade I dont think the costume will be historically accurate.pretty maybe.

purple peril

Postby purple peril » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah, this seems to sum it up. Pity.

*The job of creating designs for a TV drama such as this begins with research. Amy and her assistant got to work reading books, visiting museums and immersing themselves in the styles of the Elizabethan era. However, once they had got to grips with the feel of the times, they cast all that research aside. They have to bear in mind that they are re-creating a world for modern eyes, and they will let their dramatic instincts guide them more than a slavish search for historical accuracy. They also created mood boards, collecting pictures from modern fashion magazines that had the attitude that they were looking to create*.

Lady Jane

Postby Lady Jane » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:25 am

Gee, I hope we get to see this in Australia. Sometimes our ABC will pick up BBC programmes. I've read the books this was based on so here's hoping. On the matter of "authentic costumes" on screen, the BBC has a good reputation for costume, even if it is "artistic licence" used for the sake of drama points. I'd love to watch it anyway, just to get a glimpse of what a reasonable budget can acheive. :)

Return to “Costumes”