Fabric, fabric clearance

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:21 am

Re my new fabric-selling website:

http://createthemood.viviti.com/

Someone has told me that on her machine when she hovers over an image she cannot get the description and price to come up. Would you check for me - does anyone else have this problem please? Thanks.

I have a queue of new images to upload at the moment, lots more velvets and a few more Regency/Victorian.

To people who have ordered fabrics from me - don't worry I have not forgotten your order, it is just that I am not yet totally organised with a carrier for the heavier items. Someone has asked for 6 blankets and I could not believe the price. So I am waiting to hear back from them and if it is OK I will use this as the trial with the carrier. If all goes well I will have no hesitation in sending out to everyone. I just do not want unrepeatable items to go missing. Hope that you understand.

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:30 am

Frances, I understand your concern, but incase you were thinking this is for my dance group, it's not... it's for a few other Henrician events (:

As for playing the part, well, I can do a good line in being dismissive, arrogant, petulant, haughty, self absorbed and snobbish.

Apparently :wink:

I'm sure I'll be fine :D

'As long as you have a coif on, you're decent.' Image

xVickyx

Postby xVickyx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:14 am

lidimy wrote:As for playing the part, well, I can do a good line in being dismissive, arrogant, petulant, haughty, self absorbed and snobbish.

Can't wait to see it...and join in...hehe

Annis
Post Knight

Postby Annis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm

frances wrote:If you were that top aristocracy you would have a maid to carry all your possessions around for you.

Lidi, STOP looking at me! :oops:

"They call me 'quiet girl', but I'm a riot"

hamster

Postby hamster » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

:shock: i cant get description or price either am looking for price of olive colour wool and linen

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Annis wrote:
frances wrote:If you were that top aristocracy you would have a maid to carry all your possessions around for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't actually!!! unless you're volunteering :wink: but either way you'll have your posh 1530s stuff by then won't you anyway :D

Annis
Post Knight

Postby Annis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:48 pm

lidimy wrote:
Annis wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't actually!!! unless you're volunteering :wink: but either way you'll have your posh 1530s stuff by then won't you anyway :D

No I'm not. But you with all your high and mighty purple silk, I'm still poorer than you with my navy wool.

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Ahh, I'm sure some noble accessories could sort that out. H&M do a good line in pearls :lol:

What fabric will your forepart and foresleeves be again? You could possibly make another set in a richer fabric if you wanted an easy upgrade (:

Annis
Post Knight

Postby Annis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:58 pm

lidimy wrote:Ahh, I'm sure some noble accessories could sort that out. H&M do a good line in pearls :lol:

What fabric will your forepart and foresleeves be again? You could possibly make another set in a richer fabric if you wanted an easy upgrade (:

Like I said before, I'm not having a forepart :roll: and my sleeves are going to be a pink/cream shot silk.

Sorry for cuba-ing this thread slightly people! :(

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

OK then, hitchy up bit, you know what I mean :P

Annis
Post Knight

Postby Annis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm not sure whether to use skirt hooks, but I might invest in some for the fun of it.

xVickyx

Postby xVickyx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Teehee, poor Annis.

Anyway Lidi, I thought the idea was to persuade Rachel to be the maid as she hasn't got much kit? hahah! :P

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Frances, that wine coloured velvet is stunning, how much p/m out of interest? xD

and am still interested in the pink, too (:

saracen

fabric clearance

Postby saracen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I've got the same problem - price and description doesn't appear, just a line of code (I'm guessing).

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Saracen, thanks for telling me. I have been on to the people who set up the website template and heard nothing. So maybe I'll have another word with them.

Other than that I might have to set up a table of prices on each page.
Last edited by frances on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks Hamster - olive colour wool and linen. The linen is £7/m. How much do you need?

I do not have any olive green wool. I have some very dark green overcoat quality at £12/m (rather narrow width).

The darker twill weave is almost greeny (not pictured). The mottled wool has dull green in it. Both of these are reserved, but I have not heard back from the person who wanted them since I gave the price. So I will have to find out if he still wants them before I can offer them to you.

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Can anyone see the details and price when they hover over an image?

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 pm

I can't - only the line of text reference.

S

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

I can see all the details - I'm using Firefox.

Redders

Postby Redders » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Just code test in IE7.

I'll try firefox :) & Chrome

Edit:
Both FF and Chrome show the Wording and Prices.

Good Ole IE causing grief!!!!

frances
Post Knight

Postby frances » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:49 am

Thanks Redders. That was useful information. I have put a note on the site that points towards the Google Chrome download web page. So at least people can use that whilst the web template people are looking into the problem. Much obliged.

Have you looked at the Napoleonic/Victorian fabric page. Anything there you fancy?

Redders

Postby Redders » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 am

I think my other half has been in touch with you about fabrics?

She has fabric and 'stuff' arriving all the time, I lose track :)

seamsmistress

Postby seamsmistress » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 pm

lidimy wrote:
Tis quite a pale purple. Not deep... kinda muted. But I do need to be very posh, so *shrug*. Daughter of a Duke or something. Charles Brandon had some girlies who would be in their early 20s by 1530, that'll do me fine!

:D

I'll take some piccies of my silk tomorrow in natural light so you can see what you think. I'm trying to imagine brown with it but I'm finding it difficult! With the wrong shades the colours on the silk could look a bit sickly you see, something I would rather like to avoid! :shock:

Lidi - Re purple. The following is quoted from the Tudor Tailor, page 41. paragraph 3. on page 42 there is a whole colour range of dyed yarn, including 2 purples at the bottom.

'Producing purple, violet or murray required a blue dye as well as red. Purple in grain silk was as costly as crimson, and its' wear was limited by statute of 1533 to the immediate royal family. Henry VIII always wore a gown of violet in grain silk to take part in the Maundy Thursday ceremony during lent. Shades of violet could be produced with mixes of madder and woad which allowed humble people to own garments in this colour. There are 29 examples in the Essex Wills.'

So I think you can justify it!

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Gini! :D I will certainly come under the 'immediate family' bit, interesting that there are 29 other examples too! I overhead a conversation at KW 2 years ago where a middling sort of gentlewoman was discussing with a friend how her lovely dusty purple skirt would soon fade as it was only a cheap imitation purple. All makes sense now...

Return to “Costumes”