Janet Arnold's unfinished works

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Dathi

Janet Arnold's unfinished works

Postby Dathi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm

I understand that Jenny Tiramani is finishing off Janet Arnold's unfinished work on Linens. Has anyone heard anymore about this?

Mad Mab

Postby Mad Mab » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Oooh, yes I heard this was happening. (Can't for the life of me recall where I heard it of course :roll:)
If anyone has any idea of dates, that would be fantastic! :D
mab

Have broom, will travel!
The Company of St Margaret
The Borderers

Shadowcat
Post Centurion

Postby Shadowcat » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:01 pm

I was speaking to Jenny and to Santina Levey a couple of months ago. It is hoped that the book "Patterns of Fashion: the Cut and Construction of Linen Clothes for Men and Women" will be with the publishers by the end of 2007. It is hoped that the remaining volume and remaining patterns can be completed by November 2008, 10 years after Janet's death.

Santina Levey has been the principal literary executor of Janet's estate, and has recently been joined by Jenny Tiramani, as I understand that Tina has not been well.

I believe the books will be published by Maney's (www.maney.co.uk) as before. There is a pattern, and Janet's notes on the so-called "Effigy Corset" in the current edition of "Costume" www.costumesociety.org.uk

S.

border reiver

Postby border reiver » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 pm

just got my copy from amazon this morning had first look through, looks fab will enjoy reading over the next few weeks

Andrew

frances
Post Knight
Location: Slaving over redoing the website: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/createthemood/

Postby frances » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:29 am

OOooo I was just about to publicise Janet Arnold 4 .... dah dah........

'Patterns of Fashion 4, The cut and construction of linen shirts, smocks, neckwear, headwear and accessories for men and women, c1540 - 1660, Macmillan, 2008, ISBN 978-0-333-57082-1

Lots of yummy pics and a few of the close-ups show things I wish I had known about 20 years ago, darn it. Now I will have to start re-making some of my own items.

Return to “Costumes”