Where can I put my sword?

Making, Pictures, Queries, Resources

Moderator: Moderators

Henri De Ceredigion

Where can I put my sword?

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Having had a bit of a windfall, I have started creating a "ode d'homage" to that character that got me started on this lifestyle (namely Dogtanian) who I have found out will be having a CGI movie sometime in the next year or so, and so therefore have bought a very nice rapier sword (having been assured by the local police force that I could lodge it in their police station and give 28 days written notice of when I wanted to use it) however when I went to speak to them to confirm that I had bought the sword they said that that was not the case and that the person who told me that should not have told me that, so I naturally assumed I could lodge in the vault of my local bank, except that they no longer have a vault, so therefore Where do I place my sword to ensure it does not get stolen?

40/- freeholder

Re: Where can I put my sword?

Postby 40/- freeholder » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am

Out of interest, how likely is it that your sword would get stolen?
I have a lot of valuable kit but it's not the sort of stuff that can be sold down the pub, so I've never had any bother. I keep a lot of kit that's not used regularly in the attic. On top, or at the back of, a wardrobe might be good places too. A gun cabinet would also be secure.
I've never heard of anyone asking a bank or the police to look after a sword.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm

40/- freeholder wrote:Out of interest, how likely is it that your sword would get stolen? I have a lot of valuable kit but it's not the sort of stuff that can be sold down the pub, so I've never had any bother. I keep a lot of kit that's not used regularly in the attic. On top, or at the back of, a wardrobe might be good places too. A gun cabinet would also be secure. I've never heard of anyone asking a bank or the police to look after a sword.

I have no idea how likely it is to be stolen. Before I bought this sword I spoke to the police and because I was told that I could lodge it at my local police station, I bought the sword. If they had told me what they said on the day and the bank had told me what they told me on the day I wouldn't have bought the sword in the first place. My fear is that although my house is locked at night with all windows and doors secured, we have a lot of people wandering in (window services, plumbers, builders, electricians, district nurses, cleaners) all of whom are to ensure that my grandparents are independent, I don't want to risk any of them finding it and walking off with it.

RUSTY

Postby RUSTY » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 am

Just get a proper cover made up of goat skin its very reliable in keeping the swords and knife secure properly. After that simply keep your sword in your gun locker or some where safe every no one can reach easily and its secured. And still if you are not satisfied then do the best thing and sell that out.

Graham S Cooley

Postby Graham S Cooley » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 am

You just need to find somewhere secure to store it at home.

Back of a cupboard where you can chain it to a wall?
In the loft fixed to a ceiling joist?

You just need to think about it a little.

G

Return to “Costumes”