August Bank Holiday: group wanted for museum in Bucks

To announce events, ask for event information and general event management.

Moderator: Moderators

SianHammerton-Fraser

August Bank Holiday: group wanted for museum in Bucks

Postby SianHammerton-Fraser » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm sure some of you will remember a very similar post from me this time last year! We received a brilliant response from you wonderful lot, so I've got my fingers crossed for this year.

We're a museum of rescued historic buildings set in 45 acres of beautiful landscape in the heart of the Chiltern hills (just off J17 of the M25) and home to 2,000 years of architectural history from a reconstructed Iron Age roundhouse to a 1940s Prefab. We're looking to fill the last gap in our events programme for this year: specifically, we're looking for a group available on the Sunday and Monday of the August Bank Holiday weekend (Sun 27th & Mon 28th August, with access available on Saturday to set up), which can offer both decent living history and exciting arena displays.

It's a lovely site, we're a decent bunch and although we're a charity and budgets are tight we pay fairly. There's loads of room for authentic and modern camping, huge display areas (archery/projectiles no problem), firewood, modern loos and even a shower. Ask nicely, and we'll even let you sleep in our Iron Age roundhouse...

If your group is available on that weekend, please drop us a line at events@coam.org.uk to let us know who you are, what you can offer and what you charge. Please note that the size of the site, and the likely visitor numbers, mean we're looking for a group that can guarantee at least 12 and ideally 15 members. We love having smaller groups here (and we absolutely understand that quantity and quality are completely different animals) but on a busy Bank Holiday weekend it's almost impossible for a small group, even an extremely high-calibre one, to cope.

Thanks in advance: we look forward to hearing from you.

Siân and the Events team
Chiltern Open Air Museum

Lady Janet

Re: August Bank Holiday: group wanted for museum in Bucks

Postby Lady Janet » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:43 pm

The medieval combat society is free at the moment for that weekend
Phone 07971806753

Return to “Event Announcements”