Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver!

Anything with a vague historical bent

Moderator: Moderators

Zoe

Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver!

Post by Zoe »

Not re-enactment related but...for those Ant fans out there I thoroughly reccomend reading his autobiography 'Stand and Deliver' - it's bl**dy brilliant! Dickie got it for me for Christmas and I have to say its my favourite xmas present. Read it in a few days and couldnt put it down. He is a very interesting guy and extremely inspirational - a very focused motivated bloke. I also had a massive crush on him when I was younger and still do now!

Zoe

Louis

Post by Louis »

Well you say not related but, his bedroom was decorated as if it was Napoleons campaign tent in Egypt.
Also the hussar jacket he wore was used in the 1969 version of
The Charge of the Light Brigade.
But then you probably know that. as youve read his book!

Have to say he was a big influence on me wanting to wave swords and shoot pistols.
Good TV documentary on the back end of last year if you saw it.

Neibelungen
Post Centurion

Post by Neibelungen »

Does it still have the myth that he got his jacket from Angels, rather than the truth that none of them fitted or that they refused to sell them and he went to another company and spent a fortune getting it made.

sally
Post Knight

Post by sally »

Angels are having a big costume auction in a few weeks arent they?

Neibelungen
Post Centurion

Post by Neibelungen »

He tried to buy it in the days when it was Bermans & Nathan's, who were serious costume people.

Then the day Angel's took over and absorbed them, lots of stock went off to the Shoddy Man for rag value.

As they say... guess that's show business for you. !!

Zoe

Post by Zoe »

Louis wrote:Well you say not related but, his bedroom was decorated as if it was Napoleons campaign tent in Egypt.
Also the hussar jacket he wore was used in the 1969 version of
The Charge of the Light Brigade.
But then you probably know that. as youve read his book!

Have to say he was a big influence on me wanting to wave swords and shoot pistols.
Good TV documentary on the back end of last year if you saw it.
Hi Louis - Yes I saw the documentary - what a fantastic bedroom! I think the reason he was so successful is that he was an art student going into music - his ideas and way of thinking is amazing - the thought put into little touches for his image were way ahead of the time - along with the music he created with Marco. Will stop now as the temptation to become a boreadon is too much!