Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Anything with a vague historical bent

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Henri De Ceredigion
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 pm
Location: Llanon, Ceredigion, Wales
Contact:

Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:56 am

Starting on December 12th, Time Commanders (which had a run on BBC Two) will come back on BBC Four with some major changes to the programme. First instead of there being one team, two teams will take part and there will be historical context throughout the programme. The first programme features the Battle of Zama in 202 BC where a team of wrestlers will be commanding the armies of Hannibal and a team of historical board game enthusiasts will be commanding the armies of Scipo. There will be two more episodes on the 19th and possibly Boxing Day as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... 01650&day=



User avatar
Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard
Posts: 3034
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: Darkest Wiltshire

Re: Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Postby Simon Atford » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Henri De Ceredigion wrote:Starting on December 12th, Time Commanders (which had a run on BBC Two) will come back on BBC Four with some major changes to the programme. First instead of there being one team, two teams will take part and there will be historical context throughout the programme. The first programme features the Battle of Zama in 202 BC where a team of wrestlers will be commanding the armies of Hannibal and a team of historical board game enthusiasts will be commanding the armies of Scipo. There will be two more episodes on the 19th and possibly Boxing Day as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... 01650&day=


My money is on the board game enthusiasts.



User avatar
Henri De Ceredigion
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 pm
Location: Llanon, Ceredigion, Wales
Contact:

Re: Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:03 am

Simon Atford wrote:
Henri De Ceredigion wrote:Starting on December 12th, Time Commanders (which had a run on BBC Two) will come back on BBC Four with some major changes to the programme. First instead of there being one team, two teams will take part and there will be historical context throughout the programme. The first programme features the Battle of Zama in 202 BC where a team of wrestlers will be commanding the armies of Hannibal and a team of historical board game enthusiasts will be commanding the armies of Scipo. There will be two more episodes on the 19th and possibly Boxing Day as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... 01650&day=


My money is on the board game enthusiasts.


And yes they did win, but not without losing both Hannibal and Scipio (which is the opposite of what actually happened)



SteveC
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Montacute
Contact:

Re: Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Postby SteveC » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:12 pm

I thought it was all a bit 'shouty' (I suppose that's likely if Greg Wallace is involved).
Not sure wargaming is a spectator sport however you tart it up with big tellies and graphics.

And why was the slinger doing it underarm?



User avatar
Simon Atford
Absolute Wizard
Posts: 3034
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: Darkest Wiltshire

Re: Time Commanders moves to BBC Four

Postby Simon Atford » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Henri De Ceredigion wrote:
Simon Atford wrote:
Henri De Ceredigion wrote:Starting on December 12th, Time Commanders (which had a run on BBC Two) will come back on BBC Four with some major changes to the programme. First instead of there being one team, two teams will take part and there will be historical context throughout the programme. The first programme features the Battle of Zama in 202 BC where a team of wrestlers will be commanding the armies of Hannibal and a team of historical board game enthusiasts will be commanding the armies of Scipo. There will be two more episodes on the 19th and possibly Boxing Day as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... 01650&day=


My money is on the board game enthusiasts.


And yes they did win, but not without losing both Hannibal and Scipio (which is the opposite of what actually happened)


Bang goes my Likely Lad's scenario then. I will watch anyway.




Return to “Book, Film, TV & Music Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests