Faintheart

Anything with a vague historical bent

Moderator: Moderators

Jim Smith

Faintheart

Postby Jim Smith » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Faintheart...

Just come across this. Is there any liklihood that it will portray re-enactors sympathetically or pander to every stereotype it can lay its hands on?

"I hold it to be of great prudence for men to abstain from threats and
insulting words towards any one, for neither the one nor the other in any
way diminishes the strength of the enemy." Niccolo Machiavelli

tonw

Postby tonw » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:56 pm

At little bit of both

It's supposed to be a romantic comedy that revolves heavily round a vike re-enactor losing his family and going on some quest to win them back.

Could be good could be bad

All I know is they filmed some of it in the pub I work at. fortunately I was not working so the extra reinforced lenses were not needed

--
You are never too old to storm a bouncy castle!

Don't poke angry people!!

Sygtrygg Athlunkard

Postby Sygtrygg Athlunkard » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 am

Personally if you can poke fun at yourself and can accept that some people do think you are actually nuts is a good thing. This I believe is empowering and allows acceptance by other people who may just write reenactors off as being a bit up their own *rse ! :lol:

Syg

You think its dark now !...but, its gonna get a whole lot darkerer..... he he he.

Medicus Matt
Post Knight

Re: Faintheart

Postby Medicus Matt » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:15 am

Jim Smith wrote:Faintheart...

Just come across this. Is there any liklihood that it will portray re-enactors sympathetically or pander to every stereotype it can lay its hands on?

Well it protrays ME quite sympathetically. I look half-decent in the trailer, but then I am stood next to Shadrake so that's no surprise. :wink:

It shows us as what we are; a cross section of all society who sometimes let our hobby verge on an obsession that can get in the way of other aspects of our life.

Oh, and it's got Thorfinn Skullsplitter in it...who CARES about anything else?

"I never said that I was here to help."

purple peril

Postby purple peril » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

Medicus Matt wrote:Oh, and it's got Thorfinn Skullsplitter in it...who CARES about anything else?

aka. Daddy Pig, for our younger viewers :roll:

chrisanson
Post Centurion

Postby chrisanson » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Medicus Matt wrote:
Jim Smith wrote:Faintheart...

Well it protrays ME quite sympathetically. I look half-decent in the trailer, but then I am stood next to Shadrake so that's no surprise. :wink: It shows us as what we are; a cross section of all society who sometimes let our hobby verge on an obsession that can get in the way of other aspects of our life.

Oh, and it's got Thorfinn Skullsplitter in it...who CARES about anything else?

not as good looking as me though 8) i am the other side of Mr Shadrake though so this may have some bearing on this! :roll:

Return to “Book, Film, TV & Music Reviews”