'hawks and doves.....

For stories, poems, pictures

Moderator: Moderators

Joolz

'hawks and doves.....

Postby Joolz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 pm

I got a load of Cold Steel tomahawks in for the HEMA/WMA salle I run - most will be blunted and used in class, but I thought I would work on my tan this weekend and play around with one in the sun....to see if I can make it a little 'prettier' with a bit of honest graft.....

First, off comes the hard black laquer with paintstripper and a scraper. The resulting surface is forge rough and needed a lot of patient polishing to get it smooth. Then I cut and filed a 'notch' in the underside of the blade - because I prefer notched blades! - and re-profiled the poll to give it the same graceful contours all the way 'round. Then I filled the grub screw hole with a peened steel plug. Then a bit of decorative filework which really sets it off nicely, and a satin polish. The handle was shortened slightly, scraped and stained.

A vast improvement, I think (judge for yourselves - the original and the 'improved' version below). And I'm as brown as a nut, so two birds felled with one stone....

Joolz
Attachments
Trail Hawk 2.JPG
Trail Hawk 1.JPG
Trail Hawk Filework.JPG

Mickey Mouse is dead!

l'Enfer, c'est les autres...

(all my images and designs are copyright)

Melkieyunz

Re: 'hawks and doves.....

Postby Melkieyunz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:28 am

This hawks looks rally nice and good quality figure,, i figure that you have a good quality of choosing weapons sir.

Return to “Creative Works”