A drawing of some trees

For stories, poems, pictures

Moderator: Moderators

Penny Robinson

A drawing of some trees

Post by Penny Robinson »

A drawing I did last year that I thought I'd share.
Attachments
Woodscropb.jpg
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

www.flickr.com/penny_robinson
fourefryendes@aol.co.uk

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Post by Kate Tiler »

Penny this is beautiful - so atmospheric!

Do you like the work of Alan Lee and Brian Froud? They both have trees in the backgrouds to their work that are of a similar knarley character :)

One of the ideas that I've had for a while came to me while looking at all the fairies for sale on ebay. (now don't laugh, this is a serious proposition!) If you use ebay, type ooak and fairy into the search bar & see the serious money that people spend on hand made model fairies, usually sculpted in sculpey or fimo, some of them are dreadful but there are one or two serious artists whose work is amazing.

I've thought for a while now that what some fairy collectors need (even if they don't know it yet) are settings for their fairies to live in. I tried to get my Mum interested, as she makes miniature flowers in cold porcelain, but she can't get her head round it - but your drawing would make a lovely backdrop for a fairy...

sorry to kidnap the thread :)

lovely work, as always

:D
http://www.katetiler.co.uk
http://www.companyofartisans.co.uk
"In art as in life everything is possible as long as it is based on love" Marc Chagall

Wim-Jaap

Post by Wim-Jaap »

stunning work!

Just Wow!

Greenthings Wim-Jaap
I like living on the edge, it gives a great view over the world!

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Sponsor of Conan: http://www.historyfair.co.uk/conan.html

Annis
Post Knight

Post by Annis »

Wow, the picture is great!!

According to Freud, the type of tree you draw shows your personality! :wink:

Annis x
"They call me 'quiet girl', but I'm a riot"

Annis
Post Knight

Post by Annis »

Actually it was Jung not Freud

Annis x

BraveAnimal

Post by BraveAnimal »

Gorgeous artwork! reminds me of Drürer
Image Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum

Penny Robinson

Post by Penny Robinson »

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! Sorry I didn't reply before, but it was rather chaotic getting ready for our first Cadw event. We had a lovely weekend and it went very well.
Kate, yes I do like those two artists- no-one has ever compared my work to theirs before so thanks!!! :)
I do know what you mean about the fairies. I've seen them and some of them are really ugly aren't they?! I did some needlefelted bears last year and came across them then. Have you tried needlefelting? It's very different from wet felting, and you can do the most amazing detail. I made some tiny little creatures less than an inch tall. It was great fun :) Let me know if you want to try it and I'll send you a couple of needles- pm me :)

I'd love to know what my tree says about my personality! I always draw those gnarly old things even if I'm only doodling ;)

Thanks again to you all- it's very encouraging.
Penny X.
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

www.flickr.com/penny_robinson
fourefryendes@aol.co.uk

Annis
Post Knight

Post by Annis »

Ok, your personality...

- those who draw big trees may be bursting with ideas, talents and energy they need to express fully.
- roots and ground (of the pic) show a firm base in reality, both inner and outter.
- Centrally place trees are drawn by people who live more in the present than the past or future.
- Balanced trees are drawn by people aware of their intellectual, emotional and physical lives.
- where the trunks and branches are continuous, then felt messages are getting through from the body to the head, although sometimes we may be unconcious of them.
- Bare branches, as innw inter, mean ideas haven't yet been given expression. Growth may be dormant for all kinds of reasons...usually because the tree hasn't yet decided to break into leaf.
- Things fallen off of trees are losses or endings
- Other additions (the other trees in the background!) are of personal significance.

Hope this is of interest!

Annis x