Lanark Medieval Festival

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Montsegur

Lanark Medieval Festival

Postby Montsegur » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:04 am

There appears to be an unfounded rumour going around that the Lanark festival has been cancelled.

No-one knows where it started, but it is totally unfounded - the event on August 19-20 is very much alive and well and going from strength to strength, with re-enactment groups coming from across the UK and Ireland, and traders comiung from as far away as the Czech Republic.

In fact the show has got so large that for 2007 we are moving to a new historic edge of town venue - totally flat and acres of space for future expansion.

And although this year's event has still to take place we've already 6+ re-enactment groups registered, including one from the USA, and also bookings from traders.

So never believe unfounded rumours!

Scotland's Festival of History
http://www.scotlandsfestivalofhistory.co.uk

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:25 am

First I've heard of this viscious rumour. So how did it start then?

Alan_F
Post Centurion

Postby Alan_F » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:54 pm

Got to admit that it's the first I've heard of it as well, who's been putting the about? (PM me if you don't want to say on an open forum)

Who are the american group?

I re-enact therefore I am

Embrace the future of Steampunk Goodness!

Colin MacDonald

Postby Colin MacDonald » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 am

What's that you said? Lanark has been cancelled? Typical bloody Paul Murphy, can't organise a p*ss up in a brothel, etc, etc.

>>> ;) <<<

Just demonstrating how these things get started. Cloth ears rather than malice, perhaps.

Lady Cecily

Postby Lady Cecily » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Colin MacDonald wrote:What's that you said? Lanark has been cancelled? Typical bloody Paul Murphy, can't organise a p*ss up in a brothel, etc, etc.

>>> ;) <<<

You'll be in trouble next Friday m'laddo. See me for suitable punishment for having a go at one of my friends. :twisted:

Caroline

Montsegur

Lanark Medieval Festival

Postby Montsegur » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:59 pm

It appears the rumour was rife at Kelmarsh.

We think the confusion comes because a major national horse show due to be held in Lanark last weekend was switched to another venue at short notice because of an outbreak of strangles, a horse virus.

That seemingly resulted in around 150 cancelled entries from south of the border.

Somewhere some of these cancelled entries seem to have re-enactment links - or traders due at the Scottish horse show have spread the word.

And then Chinese whispers seem to have taken over and it's Lanark Medieval Festival - not a horse show, on a different site, and two weeks earlier!

So we're still expecting to see you all at Lanark Aug 19-20 : bigger and better!

Nigel
Post Knight

Postby Nigel » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:16 pm

er Kelmarsh hasn't happened YET ???

Or if it has I've slept for a week and forgot it

There’s a country in Europe where they treat their ex soldiers with pride no waits for medical treatment after injuries received during service, no amensia from the government. Cant for the life of me recall where it is but I know exactly where it is not.

Montsegur

Lanark Medieval Festival

Postby Montsegur » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:24 pm

Oops - that's my fault - I'm trying to hit work deadlines and got the venue wrong.
According to the trader who called it was whatever was on at the weekend just past............ obviously not K !

Return to “Traders Discussion”