Tablet Weaving.

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

vixen

Tablet Weaving.

Postby vixen » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:21 pm

I have been Card/Tablet weaving for 5 years now, but I want to start selling it possibly in the near future.

If I become a trader, would there be somewhere I can get my wool/silk/cotton cheaper?

Also can anyone recommend me better quality cards? I use thin wooden ones at the moment, but proving to wear down now. I would love some bone ones but they are sooooo expensive..

Thanks

Jacki x

I don't have an attitude; I have a personality you can't handle.. :)

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Expect to pay around £2 each for bone cards, thats pretty much the standard rate unless you oder a really vast job lot from India, but the minimums there are going up to several hundred items at a time and rising, so its not really cost effective (thats based on the company I used last time, I've pretty much decided its not worth re-ordering in bulk that way any more)

You can get cost effective wool by talking direct to a wool broker, they will expect a minimum purchase but if you don't mind buying wool 20 kilos or so at a time its a huge saving, sometimes a broker will sell single kilos, but more often the best deals are in bulk.

You probably knew all that already, but its amazing sometimes how the cost breaks work out if you order just thta bit more :)

Miel

Postby Miel » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Vixen,

Come and see TJ and I at Berkley, Lulworth, Crawley, Loosely, or at the Warwick Re-enactors market.

Failing that PM me for a phone number.

Excalibur Artifacts - 16ft diameter blue and white striped tent. We sell all manner of weaving and braiding equipment including squared and hexagonal tablets. It's all hand made and it's all good stuff - honest.

Miel.

Miel (pronounced "Mile")
"Well again and back with a vengence"

nerf herder

Postby nerf herder » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:53 pm

Miel and TJ do wonderful tablet weave stuff - I have about 20 yards of it!

Friendly and honest service/banter too.

Nerfy

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there...."

Gracie Tyller

Postby Gracie Tyller » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm

I've just started trading this season in wool, silk and braids. I'll be at Berkeley for both weekends and the week in between. Come and see me if you are there, I'll be on the medieval island and will be displaying my banner (Gracie Tyller) but I won't be trading at this event.

It is better to give than to lend and it costs about the same!

Return to “Traders Discussion”