Catering for the Traders

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Hog Trotters

Catering for the Traders

Postby Hog Trotters » Tue May 30, 2006 12:06 pm

Calling all traders

Hello traders, its Hog Trotters Medieval Independent Caterers, some of you saw us at Snailwell Newmarket and hopfully enjoyed our meals.

We are here to let you know the other events that we will be attending this year: they are as follows:

Colchester Fayre 10th 11th June
Tatton Hall 17th 18th June (we will also be serving an evening meal for traders and re-enactors)
Twinwoods Meieval fayre 24th 25th June
Rougham Medieval fayre 15th 16th July
Joust 22nd 23rd- 29th 30th July
Kelmarsh hall 12th 13th August
william wallace 700 medieval fair 19th 20th August
Pensthorpe park 26th 28th August
Lulworth castle 2nd 3rd September
Rougham Multiperiod 16th 17th Sept
Losely park 30th 1st oct
Battle Abbey 14th 15th Oct and finaly
Rougham 21st 22nd Oct

We will keep you updated on any other events we may attend, and look forward to seeing you at many of them.

Dont forget Hog Trotters will come to you, take your order, deliver your lunch and hot drinks, so all you have left to worry about is... are those public going to buy anything! :-)

See you all soon
Kat & Bill
Hog Trotters Medieval Independent Caterers[/list]

Martin Cowley

Postby Martin Cowley » Tue May 30, 2006 10:41 pm

sounds good,any chance of a menu ? what sorta food your doing ? sounds very handy indeed,i get sick of nibbling beef jerky all day lol :)

Hog Trotters

Menu

Postby Hog Trotters » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:39 am

Hi Martin,
No more jerky nibbling for you! i will have a menu at the event which i will come round with to take your order. But just for you and anyone else who is reading this, here are the hot dishes we will be serving: Lamb Stew with seasonal vegetables served with a roll or tagallitelli in a creamy mushroom sauce on the saturday and Liver & Bacon with boiled new potatoes or Vegetarian Chilli served with rice on the sunday. we will also have rolls or ploughmans available. All served with a smile :-)

Glad you are looking forward to it,
we will see you there.

Kat & Bill, Hog Trotters :P

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:57 pm

If you could get a potato oven I would be your bestest bestest fwend.. but tht menu sounds lush and I can't wait for a HT's big breakfast!! mmmm bacon.....

"its the bubbles.. they get lodged in me chest"
"mmm yes there's room for a few lodgers in there!"
www.gothichaven.com/gothic-clothing

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:23 pm

Sounds good! Have you thought about adding a gluten free pasta option for days when there is a lot of wheat based stuff on the menu? Its sometimes amazingly difficult to get a non wheat-based meal at events, and there are a lot of people with wheat sensitivties out there (spuds or rice are good options though :D )

Hog Trotters

potatos and gluten free

Postby Hog Trotters » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:55 am

hi Gabbi i hope you will still be my bestest frend afer this reply, as you know funding for this venture came form the princes trust and the money soon runs low so getting a potato oven may have to be an idea for next season, and the other bad news is we wont be serving breakfast at colchester as the other caterers there are already contracted to do breakfast, the same can be said for joust, but you can lookforward to the HT breakfast at the other events. Im soooo sorry.

Sally im afraid a similar thing can be said for the gluten free food, we try our best to put on food that suits everyone but we are only small at the moment and so it is difficult to offer a vast menu for all sensitivities, allergies but we will definely look into how we could include it.
if the wether carrys on the way its been this weekend hopfuly hot food wont even be an issue at colchester as i think our salads suit most peoples tast.
( apart of cource for those who "dont do greens" Ha Ha :-) )

sorry for the bad news guys but i hope you stick with us and give us a chance to show you what we can do.

this year is a total learning experiance and we aim to improve with comments like these to provide the best service we can.

Thanks for your comments,
See you at colchester,

Kat & Bill Hog Trotters.

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:26 pm

S'awright babes... I know how hard it is setting up a new business and the fare we have seen so far is stonking.. I had ( as I am sure many others who post here did) an e-mail from one of the colchester caterers... reminding us all they were doing breakfasts!..there are plenty of events that you can do them at though as I am sure you know.. I raise my glass to you both and here's to a great HT first season...

"its the bubbles.. they get lodged in me chest"

"mmm yes there's room for a few lodgers in there!"

www.gothichaven.com/gothic-clothing

Hog Trotters

Postby Hog Trotters » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:46 am

I too saw that e-mail... Do you think they've heard about us! :lol:

Im not worried in the slightest there is more than enough room for all us caterers at events, and if one caterer has already been given the contract to do breakfast then all the best to them, contract change and grow, who knows if ted lloyd is happy with what we do this year maybe we can get in on the action next year for breakfast.

when there are thousands of public coming through the gates( who we Dont serve) there cant say we're taking trade away from them!

You'll just have to wait till Tatton to enjoy the butchers sausages and bacon. :)

Gyrthofhwicce

Postby Gyrthofhwicce » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 pm

I'd like to place my orders for Twinwoods, Rougham, Rougham Smahain now please.

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner,
And coffees throughout the day.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Gyrth

Bear Claw Traders, bringing you the finest in Finnish Reindeer skins and utility and banquet knives. AND NOW, lovely shiney helmets

www.bearclawtraders.co.uk

Laurie Wignall

Postby Laurie Wignall » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 am

You could try this :D
Attachments
medium.gif

Reclining Budda, stunt double

Apathy is ok, if you can be bothered

http://www.mid-fest.co.uk

Modo pecuniuam jacite

Hog Trotters

colchester and tatton

Postby Hog Trotters » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:35 am

hi all,
just a quick message to say hi and hope that those of you who had a meal at colchester enjoyed it. i also need to make my apologies, some of you who orderd meals recived them late and some who wanted a meal never got to order one, all i can say is;IM SOOO SORRY :cry: :oops: Im not sure what happened but organisation on my part was very lapsed, all i can say is the heat must of got to me!
But im back on form now and ready for a made time at tatton, we will be doing breakfast and lunch for you and we will also be cooking an evening meal on the saturday night which for your referance will be a chicken curry or vegetable curry with basmati rice.

Hope eveyone is well and didnt suffer from heat stroke to much at colchester, lookforward to seeing most of you at tatton,
Kat & Bill Hog Trotters :wink:

Return to “Traders Discussion”