Event:- Tudor Weekend 1st-2nd July Eastbury Manor, Barking

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

The Pepperer

Event:- Tudor Weekend 1st-2nd July Eastbury Manor, Barking

Postby The Pepperer » Sat May 27, 2006 12:18 pm

I've just received information of a Tudor weekend being organised at Eastbury Manor in the London borough of Barking, on 1st-2nd July, for which they are presently looking for traders/demonstrators.

I understand it's free to trade, (but £2.50 on the door for MOPs) and has on site camping for those who want it.

I can't vouch for the venue, having never been, but met the organiser at Cressing, who was very nice and seemed very keen to make the event a success. You can contact her by e-mail on "michelle.flowers(AT)lbbd.gov.uk", for more info and a booking form.

Eastbury manor is a grade I listed, Elizabethan manor house, set (unfortunately, some might say :) ) smack in the middle or Barking, owned and operated by Barking and Dagenham council.

look here for more info http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/4-eastbury/eastbury-menu.html

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Tue May 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Have just had a word with Michelle, and yes it is a no-fee event, but there is limited space so she would like to know full set up details. Demonstrators can have an inside pitch, and a small (Local Council) fee is possible, but will have to be negotiated. Also the time period is "Tudor-ish" ie late mediaeval through to Liz 1. The ground is suitable for tents, security is reasonable, and the nearest pub only a short walk away. However, she has been honest, and says that they are not expecting large numbers of MOP's
If you need further details diectly from her, then her (work) telephone number is 020 87241002

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Micki

Plea for Help!

Postby Micki » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:01 am

Hello there,

I am the person in question. My name is Michelle Flowers and I am Events & Marketing Officer for Eastbury Manor House, a wonderful Tudor Merchants Manor House that unfortunately does not get the exposure it deserves.

The Pepperer's Guild and a few others have been very kind as to accept my invitation to exhibit/demonstrate/trade at my Tudor Weekend but I am on the look out for more, especially living history demonstators/re-enactors and story-tellers.

I am hoping with your help that I can make the Tudor Weekend at Eastbury Manor House as must do on the calendar.

Yours Hopefully,
Michelle.

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Postby Kate Tiler » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi Michelle - thanks very much for inviting me via your letter but I'm already booked that weekend, otherwise it would have been great!

I really hope it all goes well for you & if you are really stuck for contacts, there is an events organiser/agent who books me & several other people for Tudor demonstrations called Rob Butler, he has a company called 'Historical Promotions' and is good at finding people on his books at short notice!

Tel/Fax: 01837 811243

otherwise you could ask The Tudor Travellers, an excellent group who are firends & who I have worked with for many years, they might be available but I know they are doing a lot of work for English Heritage this year:

http://www.tudortravellers.com/

http://www.katetiler.co.uk
http://www.companyofartisans.co.uk
"In art as in life everything is possible as long as it is based on love" Marc Chagall

Return to “Traders Discussion”