Market Bosworth event 22 March

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

jelayemprins

Market Bosworth event 22 March

Postby jelayemprins » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:12 pm

The 22nd of March is the re-internment of Richard III.

Part of this will be a cortege that will depart from the university and make its way around the various villages in the area. After pausing at the Battlefield centre for around an hour where a service takes place it will move in cortege to Market Bosworth where it will arrive in the late afternoon for a small service in the square for around 10-15 minutes.

The key area where visitors can view RIII will be Market Bosworth as all other events will be either private events or closed to the public.

It is anticipated that around 4-8000 people will attend Market Bosworth and over the last several months the steering group (for Market Bosworth involvement) have been planning for this.

This has resulted in several road closures with additional car-parking spaces being created. The main car park related to the trading marquee will be next to Bosworth Hall hotel where we anticipate to cater for between 500 to 2000 cars depending on the weather.

The main park in Market Bosworth is earmarked for a large marquee to be erected that will hold a mixture of different stalls and stands, inc a hog roast & various medieval LH / craft stalls and probably a few local groups. Open from 10 am til 6pm.

On the Park there are already facilities for toilets etc and as the cortege will be passing the Park this will be an ideal place for visitors to be as the main square in MB is simply not large enough and will also hold a farmers market. The farmers market is already full and will be in operation from 0800 to 1700 ish. I hope this gives you some information regarding the event. As soon as I have more intel, costs etc I'll be sure to contact you all.

Re-enactors in WOTR costume welcome.

Best wishes
Ian.

'making history happen'
-

Return to “Traders Discussion”