warning to traders / craft demonstrators

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

davetmoneyer

warning to traders / craft demonstrators

Postby davetmoneyer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 am

This is a note to any traders / Craft Demonstrators who may be approached by a certain castle near Wareham, in Dorset, to do events for them.
I was approached last year to do a five week slot at the castle making special coins for the site, staring on 28/7/2014 by the person organising the re-enactment. I made arrangements in November to visit the site and discuss any special requirements. Neither of the two people I had asked to speak to face to face turned up for the meeting, I was asked if I could come back in a couple of days, As this would involve another 500mile round trip on top of the wasted trip I had just undertaken, I declined.
In April I was informed that there was not the budget to pay for a craft demonstration but I could trade in medieval goods to make up the shortfall, This was acceptable to me but a bit disapointing as I would have to concentrate on trading rather than demonstrating.
Last Week on the 23th July I was contacted by the Castle and informed that I would only be allowed to demonstrate and not trade but I would be allowed to sell the coins made to the public. I asked for them to talk to the medieval village co-ordinator about this as it was a totally none-viable option then last night ( the day before the show!) I received the following curt email

''Dear Mr Greenhalgh,

Further to our telephone conversation last Wednesday evening and subsequent discussions with XXXX XXXXX.

I write to advise you that we won’t be booking you’re craft/traders pitch for this year’s Medieval Village 2014.'

My reply today is below

Re your email,

THANK YOU!

TO BE LET DOWN FOR A 5 WEEK SHOW WITH 1 DAYS NOTICE IS NOT THE ACTIONS I WOULD EXPECT FROM A PROFESSIONAL BODY SUCH AS THE XXXXXXXXX XXXXX!

I HAVE GONE TO CONSIDERABLE TROUBLE AND PERSONAL EXPENSE, ALL WASTED, TO PREPARE FOR YOUR 'EVENT' NOT COUNTING THE NUMBER OF OTHER PAID SHOWS I HAVE TURNED DOWN TO FACILLITATE THIS 'SHOW'. YOUR ACTIONS AND ATTITUDE ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND WILL REFLECT IN THE LETTERS I WILL BE SENDING TO YOUR SUPERIOURS ( AND I KNOW I WILL NOT BE ALONE IN THIS). BE ASSURED I WILL NOT LET THIS REST AND WILL BE SEEKING ADVICE FROM NUMEROUS PROFFESSIONAL BODIES AND WILL CERTAINLY LET THE RE-ENCTMENT WORLD KNOW OF YOUR SHABBY ,UNDERHAND TREATMENT VIA THE INTERNET AND WORD OF MOUTH

I believe that at least 4 other traders/demonstrators have had a similar experience

Regards Dave
Dave T Moneyer
perveyour of high quality cheap tat
Moneyer to the Bank of England
and the World
Regular prices for reasonable customers
http://www.grunal.com

Return to “Traders Discussion”