Rochester Medieval Merriment Market 6 & 7 Sept.

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Rochester Medieval Merriment Market 6 & 7 Sept.

Postby Mark Griffin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm pleased to announce that the Rochester Medieval Merriment event will be run by us in the castle gardens on 6th & 7th September 2014 on behalf of Medway Council. The event is still in the planing stages but there will be a market for traders selling goods from the late Dark Ages up to a rough cut-off of the late 15th/early 16th.

There will be various living history areas, arena displays, family fun have a go activities and we expect a good number of visitors judging by similar past events. It will be well advertised by the Council who want to build it up for an expanded event in 2015 for the anniversary of the famous siege.

I'll shortly be looking traders to apply for booking forms for the market. The space is limited and finite and I've yet to have an onsite planing meeting with the client which will happen in the next few weeks but I estimate about 20 or spaces at least. Please don't send out for info now, the admin systems are simply not in place, I'll post up another announcement soon but please pencil it into your diaries and watch this space!

Yours,

Griff
Last edited by Mark Griffin on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Market at Rochester Medieval Merriment 6th & 7th Sept

Postby Martin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:51 pm

sounds good m8, keep us updated, just out of interest though, what is the late Dark Ages :), I'd ask Medicus Matt but he might growl :) , also, would you like any demo's / workshops ?

"you dont make friends with salad!"

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 pm

I'll say 9th cent onwards. But open to negotiations. Obviously the high point is 1215, but Anglo-Saxon, Norman and into middle ages with a stop at the end of the 15th ish.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Site meeting had, as I thought, 22-24 or so spaces, possibly more if you stack... It only has a small car park so this rather limits things.

I will start on some booking forms but the info in my first post above is pretty much the lowdown, facts and figures below:

Free event
Dark Ages to Mid medieval in theme (but with a focus on the 1215 era)
6-7 thousand people over the weekend
Plenty of local publicity
Lots of have a go activities
Living history encampment with arena displays
Falconry from Ben Long falconry, one of the best in the uk
Music from Blast from the Past
Devil Stick Peat fooling and frolicking

Pitches will probably be about £60 for the weekend, a snip at £30 per day, with a slight change for the very small or very large.

So watch this space.....again!

Griff

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Applications to trade for this are now open.

For an application form please contact JUliet@julietgriffin.com who is manning the barricades.

Spaces are limited, mainly due to lack of parking. We only have 24 spaces. I will consider traders who wish to come after we are full but they will have to sort their own vehicle spaces out. Its not an ideal state of affairs and we are trying to find a workaround, but the Normans failed to forsee the need for a decent car park...

The other caveat is that this is very much a public event. There is limited re-enactor presence so if your trade is mainly to re-enactors I'd think twice. If you sell good to the public, this is the event for you...

Yours,

Griff

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Rochester Medieval Merriment Market 6 & 7 Sept.

Postby Mark Griffin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Traders are applying and forms are going out, about 60% full at mo so dont delay!

Griff

Return to “Traders Discussion”