Salisbury Museum - 12th July 2014 Update

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Salisbury

Salisbury Museum - 12th July 2014 Update

Postby Salisbury » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:50 pm

A quick update on my last post here.

Before Christmas I announced our big Festival of Archaeology day for Saturday 12th July.
This is an opportunity for trading in the historic Cathedral Close, in the centre of Salisbury in the summer. We are still seeking traders who wish to apply for a pitch.
Pitches will be free, but we will be ensuring that there is a high quality appearance to the event, set yards from the Cathedral and outside the medieval museum building. All pitches must be pre booked.

We have had a lot of interest so far, and amongst other things we will have English Heritage representing both Old Sarum and Stonehenge as well as the World Heritage Site team, historic falconry, historic musicians, bronze casting, pottery and a variety of children's activities as well as opening the doors to the new 2.4million pound Wessex Gallery which is home to our nationally designated archaeology collection ranging from the founding of Salisbury right back to the early stone age. We are expecting a large volume of visitors.

This is a great opportunity for trading.

Since making the announcement the museum's computer server has failed on us. This means that incoming Emails have not been received. We are currently rebuilding the system, and there are still faults, but we are now just about receiving Emails.

If you wrote to me but didn't get a reply or your Email bounced, please do try again.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Owain Hughes, Learning Project Officer
owainhughes@salisburymuseum.org.uk

Return to “Traders Discussion”