Moderator: Moderators

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

parcel carriers GGRRRRRR

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:35 am

anyone else had problems?

OK i know its christmas, but!

dropped of a parcel on 16th
by 00.36 on the 19th it was at the recipients local depot, since then it has not got any further and I was told last weekend that it was because they dont work weekends so now they are counting thursday and friday as weekends, was told it would be manifested for delivery on monday morning, nothing moved monday according to tracking.
the recipient was told it would be delivered on tuesday just after I was told friday, the recipient was told the parcel was damaged, I was told the delay was because they dont work weekends ( which seem to include thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday.

according to tracking it is on its way from the recipients local depot to the local carrier since 00.36 on the 19th and has still not arrived.

the recipient is getting annoyed as well with being told different days for delivery and having to wait in and im not exactly pleased either :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

they could at least tell the truth if they have lost or damaged it but the same person is giving us different stories about this.

a bit more of the story is herehttps://www.facebook.com/myHermesdelivery/posts/590890204293681?comment_id=5359762&notif_t=like but most of the contradictions are in emails.

the package was made from 110mm underground plastic waste pipe with lots of duct tape on the ends, high density foam inside and the item in the middle of that was a 100mm solid steel ball so damaging it would be difficult.

am getting rather p'd off about this and thought I would let others know who may have thought about using this wunch.

have also had parcel farce take 12 weeks, 8 weeks and 4 weeks for 3 consecutive parcels send by PF24 which should mean next day ( and they did not want to compensate me because they thought it was quite good service ( and nothing to do with xmas as they were sent in
JULY ).
TNT taken 19 days to deliver something I paid extra to have delivered by noon next day who blamed bad weather and roads closed 3 days after delivery was due.

Miss Costello
Post Knight

Re: parcel carriers GGRRRRRR

Postby Miss Costello » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Yodel are the worst, I only got joy when I tweeted them on Twitter. My Hermes in my area are pretty good as they're all private couriers.

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:04 pm

both me and the recipient were promised delivery today then I have been told tomorrow,
tracking shows it as now delivered at 12.14 today but it has not been
they dont work weekends as I was told last sunday as the reason it was not delivered on thursday, friday or satuday so I doubt it will arrive then either.

if you want to get someone to organize a p up in a brewery dont call my hermes

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:51 pm

now showing not delivered, no movement since thursday 19th

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:52 am

parcel was finally delivered saturday afternoon at about 3pm
BUT IT WAS SIGNED FOR BY THE RECIPIENT AT 11.28AM!!!!
WHICH MEANS THAT TRACKING AND SIGNATURES ARE WORTHLESS AND PROVE NOTHING IF DONE BY A DISHONEST DRIVER

if it was not delivered after it was signed for there would be no compensation as they have proof of delivery that will satisfy them

Alan E

Postby Alan E » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm

The Iron Dwarf wrote:parcel was finally delivered saturday afternoon at about 3pm
BUT IT WAS SIGNED FOR BY THE RECIPIENT AT 11.28AM!!!!
WHICH MEANS THAT TRACKING AND SIGNATURES ARE WORTHLESS AND PROVE NOTHING IF DONE BY A DISHONEST DRIVER

if it was not delivered after it was signed for there would be no compensation as they have proof of delivery that will satisfy them

You mean the recipient actually received it at 3pm but the signature was timestamped 11:28?

So either the driver forged the signature before delivery (and didn't ask the recipient to sign) or the recipient signed without checking the 'time delivered' box (probably simply in the relief of getting it at last). The first is outright forgery, the second ... false bookkeeping :twisted: .

Glad for you and the recipient that this saga at least is finally over. Obviously you now have more difficult choices re. which courier to use in future: One problem is that many large delivery firms use local agents - who may work for several different firms, so that the poor service is not found in one company, but associated with the locality/choice of agent. I am lucky around here (SW Wales) that most of the delivery agents know the area and are good at getting parcels delivered on time; although I've had a recent experience getting a return collected, where the shipper used different couriers for deliveries and returns: The collecting courier repeatedly said they'd tried to collect but we were out (we weren't), meanwhile the delivering courier found us in and delivered the replacement!

'till whispers fill the tower of memory...
The Exiles Company of Medieval Martial Artists: http://the-exiles.org.uk/

Now teaching Fiore's art in Ceredigion (Felinfach) - pm for details

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm

my hermes seem to think that giving contradictory replies to those involved or just plain lying, 12 days to deliver a 2 to 3 day parcel, a dishonest driver signing to say the parcel was delivered over three and a half hours before they deliver it, 4 days including time off work for the recipient, the parcel they told the recipient was damaged but to date still have not told me in spite of asking ( which was very neatly cut open ) is all compensated for by refunding the postage cost.

the recipient has today gone to see if trading standards are open and I have a few other things to do :twisted:

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:21 pm

at noon alan the website shown it delivered and signature avaliable to view, spoke to the recipient at about 2pm no parcel, spoke again at 3.30 parcel had arrived at about 3, it was not 'DAMAGED' as the recipient had been told but had been neatly cut open.
took 12 days lots of messages and calls, got lied to several times

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Alan, the recipient is also in south wales, near martin I think

Alan E

Postby Alan E » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:28 am

The couriers I've had good experiences of (as a recipient) here are APC and DHL. Some other firms struggle to find us (we are not in a village or at our post code) and I don't know which courier lied to the sender about collecting the undersize boots (except that it wasn't APC).

Whilst the non-delivery is potentially a problem with the local agent and the 'damage' may or may not be ... the lying is certainly the responsibility of the central organisation: Sounds like hermes is one that is far too risky for a business to use (as you say, it can damage your reputation :( ).

'till whispers fill the tower of memory...
The Exiles Company of Medieval Martial Artists: http://the-exiles.org.uk/

Now teaching Fiore's art in Ceredigion (Felinfach) - pm for details

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm

the ball was sold through one of the online auction sites so it is a good job im talking to the recipient, I have advised them to check the signature online, none of the people at the address signed for it and this will be brought up with trading standards.

Return to “Traders Discussion”