American Civil War Traders...

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

RichMarcos

American Civil War Traders...

Postby RichMarcos » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I have recently got back into livin history, after a 10 year absence, so am a little out the loop. Can anyone please recommend any particularly good (in terms of authenticity) ACW suppliers in the UK?

Many thanks.

John Waller
Post Knight

Re: American Civil War Traders...

Postby John Waller » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm

RichMarcos wrote:I have recently got back into livin history, after a 10 year absence, so am a little out the loop. Can anyone please recommend any particularly good (in terms of authenticity) ACW suppliers in the UK?

Many thanks.

You would probably be best off asking any group you may be planning on joining as they will have recommended or in-house suppliers.

www.civilwarsutler.co.uk and West Point www.westpointalbionsmallarms.co.uk/ are probably the best known in the UK but I think most of the stuff they sell is made in india or pakistan so quality and authenticity may be variable.

Have a look on the SoSKAn and ACW websites for suggested traders.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

alex lee

Postby alex lee » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm

I know of fall creek in america, they seem to be popular over here as a supplier for ACW :)

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Martin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 pm

also, if your after aufentic grub we sell jerky we make following the recipe used on the Lewis and Clark expedition of 1804 to map the Louisiana Purchase, and a very nice Chippewa Pemmican as well :)
www/martinsjerkedmeat.com

"you dont make friends with salad!"

Megane Peaks

Postby Megane Peaks » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 pm

go to www.acws.co.uk and have a look on the links page.

Angela D Cross
2nd US Artillery, Battery B

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 pm

couple of stockists on ebay but as per a post above, they are importers i think. I have lots of their stuff for background and similar hire but I doubt they'd pass muster for a serious lh presentation. 'Vivanderie' is one i seem to recall

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “Traders Discussion”