Ebay buyer rant

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Ebay buyer rant

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 pm

had a buyer last week for a firebox on ebay who as he has seen one of my fireboxes on another site that does not charge total fees of about 15% like ebay do but where you can sell for free and to encourage this I lower my prices there as not having to allow for the said fees.

The ebay buyer now wants a refund of the difference as he bought it at the more expensive place where I have to pay the fees to list it.

he seems to think I should have contacted him before he bought it, without knowing his ebay name, email or who he was or that he intended to buy it to tell him he could buy it cheaper elsewhere from me and seems to think im ripping him off.
and it is a reenactor who seen me trading at events several times.

somedays it is just not worth chewing through the leather straps :crazy:

Bittersweet

Re: Ebay buyer rant

Postby Bittersweet » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 am

It's no consolation but you've got to realise how privilaged you are to have met such logic from one of the world's prize idiots :lol:

Why can't life be simple?

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 am

and todays prize is to be added to my blocked bidder list so he cant accidentally pay too much again
anyone else wants to know who to block pm me

forges, fireboxes tools and more.
http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/52487
new stuff inc chainshot + grenadoes.
visit my place and have a go

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm

as far as ranting Mr Hodges , the emails you recieved where nothing but polite to you un like yours , from a customer who felt let down by you as you did enclose a form that showed the purchaser a site where you sell for less, so you did bring this down on your self, and as a small community as reenactors you should treat your customers with more respect, and any more posts put on here or any other sites about me will be met with the same sort of treatment in return remember you run a buisness here and at gigs i do not , i have nothing to lose so think on Mr Hodges

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

bittersweet should keep your opinion to your self too, to post a note like iam a prize idiot , i suggest you kept your nose out of my buisness,without knowing who iam or the circs with this mr Hodges

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm

I did not identify you here darren but as you now have I will let you know that the comment about you from one member of a group I know who were there at tewkes whilst you were making accusations and threats were 'WHAT A *RICHARD*' ( word changed to not offend the mods here ), the rest of the group seemed to be in agreement.
as a lot of people here know ebay charge sellers fees and like a lot of sellers I am not prepared to sell something at a loss to you just because you want to behave like a *RICHARD*, nothing in the messages I sent you was other than polite even when you demanded I gave you money back 'because you dont care what ebay charge me' just because you dont care does not mean the fees dont exist.
and as you know I sell at events and directly at a lower price only a MORON wouls want to deliberately pay more so so they could complain about it.
I hope those who now know who you are treat you as you deserve and you are now added to quite a few blocked bidder lists

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 pm

your a plonker at no point as a threat been made to you or a demand for a refund , and if any one had an opinion they didnt have the bottle to say any thing to me BRAVE they are aint they. your the only RICHARD here

lordalgernon

Postby lordalgernon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Iron Dwarf - are you that inept at business that you cannot recognise that re-enactors are close-knit in their communities and will try to get the best price possible? I have seen the e-Bay transaction hyperlink and at no point was there any indication that you sell similar, identical or other items for this purpose elsewhere and the crux being: at a cheaper price. You sent no contact to advise of this and at any point could have done so by cancelling the e-Bay transaction - as an e-Bay user you should have been aware of this so the prize of "idiot" is awarded to yourself.

Going back to the nature of re-enactment groups: we are a close-knit community and word of mouth spreads very quickly. I witnessed the event that you allude to and at no point did any by-stander comment on how Mr. Warrilow behaved as inappropriate or foolish. I have seen all contact between yourself and Mr. Warrilow in an electronic sense and will be more than happy to disclose to show your flippant nature which is oblivious to good business. You might choose to refer to yourself as a rectal passage in the manner you dealt with Mr. Warrilow.

Instead of dealing with Mr. Warrilow in person, you choose to play "keyboard warrior" - congratulations, you must feel absolutely brilliantly proud of yourself! Keyboard warriors have other places on the Internet, perhaps you should consider re-branding as "David Hodges - Iron Troll"? In the case of you being so pig-ignorant of Internet terminology as well as good business sense; I present a definition for you to peruse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

The most intelligent, courteous, friendliest and most sensible thing to do in this case, instead of playing "keyboard warrilow" and ass-hat in person with Mr. Warrilow; would have been to refund the difference - back to word of mouth: Mr. Warrilow would then have gone out of his way, myself included, to promote your business elsewhere; whether in a "live" environment such as TORM, or online.

Please consider these actions as they will indeed have very serious consequences on your business if you continue to alienate, be rude to, and "battle" with loyal customers.

Mike Garrett
Post Centurion

Postby Mike Garrett » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 pm

You bought it at a certain price - which one assumes you must have been happy enough to do. Don't get your knickers in a bunch just because you found that the seller sells cheaper elsewhere. You should shop around more, in order to get the best price. The other auction site that ID mentions is fairly easy to find. The fact that he pointed out to you that should you wish to purchase anything further it would be cheaper to do so on this other site appears to me to be a matter of courtesy on his part. You certainly are in no way entitled to a refund of the difference in price. As I pointed out - you were happy with the price when you hit the 'buy it now' button. Try buying a burger from BK of MacD's at a motorway services - last time I was there it was way more expensive than ones in towns. You wouldn't get a refund of the price difference from them, so why should Mr. Hodges refund a difference in price related to (as are motorway services) the cost of selling through a certain outlet.

Get real Dazzer mate.

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm

dont know who you are either but i was happy with paying for it no problem but when some one sends me info about a site i could of got it cheaper and saying to me i have been brain washed by ebay for using it how do you expect some to react please know all the facts before you comment iam sure if you had the same happen to you, you wouldnt be very happy either, i needed the fire box asap for the wk end at no point did i know david sold else where than the shows or did he metion i could of got it cheaper else where, iam a reasonable man and have been with him it has only been david who has started calling names so you really need to get off your high horse , i also think people should not hide ,if some one wanted to say any thing to me they could have done

Mike Garrett
Post Centurion

Postby Mike Garrett » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Fellow.

I rather think that you need to chill. Please - and I ask in all politeness - don't tell me to 'know all the facts' (the pertinent ones seem obvious) and certainly, don't ever assume that I am 'on my high horse'.

I was merely making an observation. If you can't handle it then, obviously, I apologize for spoiling your day. Have a nice one, Darren.

Like you said, you don't know who I am. :wink:

Incidentally - I didn't see Dave call you names anywhere that your name was mentioned. You revealed your secret identity by posting on a public forum. You might want to think about that, before putting finger to keyboard next time. Just sayin'.

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm

mike iam not scared to let any one know who iam, so to return your politeness keep out of this it is between two people with a disagreement thank you and no it wasnt going to ruin my day

Mike Garrett
Post Centurion

Postby Mike Garrett » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Ok Darren, but one last thing. I feel that the matter being between two people ceases to be the case when the matter is on a public internet forum and I for one had no idea to whom Mr. Dwarf was referring until you posted here, which is naturally your right, should you feel that you need to do so.

Anyway, I'll say no more on the matter for now. (But reserve the right to do so should the mood take me :wink: )

Have a pleasant evening everyone.

darren warrilow

Postby darren warrilow » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

thank you but as you should be aware the I,D told me he had put on a statement on here when i spoke to him saturday so once again he provoked a response and i will not hide in the shadows if some one wants to slag me off, iam an honourable man who pays for goods he had suggested i sent it back to him and become a none payer sorry that was not going to happen hope now you understand , and you have the right if you so wish to reply or post but it wasnt me who posted it in the first place he made it public when i first complained to him about his trading methods

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Postby lucy the tudor » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 pm

OK, I'm locking this thread now, as it is looking like it would be better if this could be sorted privately from here.
Lucy MOD

lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, arse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

Return to “Traders Discussion”