Multi Period Market

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

saxon

Multi Period Market

Postby saxon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Possible NEW event being planned at an exclusive Cheshire stately home for traders of all periods. There will be 31 x 6ft spaces available altogether for this proposed one day event (if succesful would be two days the next time), at the moment looking at November time-ish. Spaces will be £75 per trader, if interested please pm me, this is a NEW proposed event and market at a historical Cheshire property.

Please let me know what goods you trade and what period also, trying to get a good mix of items and eras.

Teagirl

Re: Multi Period Market

Postby Teagirl » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I hope you don't mind a few comments. November is usually pretty heavily subscribed with regular shows for a lot of traders. A one-day show makes it less attractive for a lot of people as it's a huge amount of work to set up and break down, which would make one day seem more work than necessary. The pitch fee is also a bit high as that is the sort of price paid for a two to three day show per 6ft of space. As a trader it would not be a practical thing to do a one-day show, with such high costs per space.

Prime practitioner of headology and purveyor of beads.

Tillerman Beads

saxon

Postby saxon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Many thanks to all those who have messaged me about this. I appreciate it is rather expensive for one day but I'm just passing on what the property has asked, however, I have managed to get it down to a figure of £50 per space if that is more reasonable to anyone ? the reason it is only one day is because they wish to 'test the water' with this type of event, it will be well advertised. Thanks for the responses through pm's, I did point out the concerns you all raised initially to them.

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Postby Bad Viking » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 pm

bit rich for me in an untested show - will skip it me thinks !

I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Treaty Money

Postby Treaty Money » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:26 pm

I echo the other responses about the cost of the pitch for a 1 day, untested show although Cheshire would be ideal for me. November is kind of busy however - there are the continental markets, and the christmas fairs in November too.

I'd be happy to pay £75 for a 2 day show however

Cheers

Claire Marshall - Archaeologist, Musician, Archaeological Textiles researcher

www.plateau-imprints.co.uk

http://york.academia.edu/ClaireMarshall

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm

If £50 is for 6' frontage and assuming that is at least 9' deep then it is twice the price of the existing fair I attend. As its an untested market and the date would be very close to two established trading opertunities I would not consider it worth my while.

saxon

Postby saxon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks for all your feedback and messages folks, as I say I'm doing it on behalf of the property and have managed to get them down to £40 which is their minimum they say.

I appreciate and value all your concerns and comments, and as with any show or event, they have to start with the first one, even the well established ones had a 'first time'.

The initial date was the 25th November set aside, although now they could have it on either the 21st or 28th October (all Sundays).

For those who have pm'd me with an interest I will let you know the outcome in the next week, unless the 31 spaces can be filled sadly it won't go ahead :(

Many thanks again folks :)

ps - as a side issue, what are you happy to pay for a 2 day event for a pitch of this size ? I can then propose it to them for something bigger next year

It is an INDOOR event in a well lit, heated & newly refurbished old barn

Return to “Traders Discussion”