Mortimer's Cross 550th anniversary event

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

levyarcher

Mortimer's Cross 550th anniversary event

Postby levyarcher » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 pm

We, the organisers of the event, would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who turned up at the weekend and made the event happen.
Over 30 groups were represented, over 40 traders & entertainers as well as the superb Crimson Moon beer tent (TAVERN!!! I hear Ian cry) and the Giddy Kipper with the excellent food!
Alaska TV who came along with John Thompson and Simon Day on the Saturday all had an excellent time, they were made to feel very welcome and they have also asked me to pass on their thanks to one and all. Both John and Simon really got into the event and seeing them on the battle field shooting a longbow each was superb. I am led to believe that there is even footage of John being hit on the head by an arrow, although not sure if that will make the final cut. The program "No County for Old Men" is scheduled to be aired at the end of April 2012 on The History Channel. ( I will let you know a date as soon as I am told)

Pictures have been posted on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/159134810835685/ (Thank you to Pat Patrick)

Once again, thank you to all and hope to see you all next year (with more toilets!)

Jason
www.mortimerscross.co.uk
levyarcher

Midland Spinner

Re: Mortimer's Cross 550th anniversary event

Postby Midland Spinner » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Big thanks to Jason and crew for organising a great event.
It was our first as proper Traders (Alison & Hugh's Handmade Things) and was both enjoyable and successful.

Thanks also to all the people who bought our Handmade Things and to the established traders who were so welcoming and helpful to us.

houseoffreyja

Postby houseoffreyja » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:33 am

Hi Alison and Hugh, lovely to meet you.
Elaine

Midland Spinner

Postby Midland Spinner » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks Elaine.
We met many lovely people at the weekend (and some we already knew, but only as customers IYSWIM).

And while I think on, big thanks to Hestia's Hearth for lending a hand and another hammer when we were putting up the tent.

Return to “Traders Discussion”