Raglan Medieval Festival 13th & 14th August

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Chatelaine

Raglan Medieval Festival 13th & 14th August

Post by Chatelaine »

Hi All,

My name is Jane and I am one of the custodians of Raglan Castle. We're trying something new this year alonside our main two day event. For the first time, we have been given permission for traders to be allowed inside the castle. So if anyone is interested, please get in touch with me here or you can email me at djmcilquham@yahoo.com

We are expecting a good crowd as it will be the busiest part of the holiday season and of course the Knights of Longshanks will be with us too. As this is our first try at this kind of thing, we're only charging £10 per pitch, per day. You will need to bring your own stall and chairs, we can only offer you some space in our castle I'm afraid. We have plenty of parking and loading should be no problem, most vans can fit through our gateway as long as they aren't too big.

We are aiming to have no more than a dozen traders, so contact me to secure your place if you'd like to join us.

Jane x. :D
"Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart!"

Teagirl

Re: Raglan Medieval Festival 13th & 14th August

Post by Teagirl »

Hi, Jane,

What provisions for camping in the castle are there for traders, as many of us use our trading tents for sleeping in, too.
Prime practitioner of headology and purveyor of beads.

Tillerman Beads

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

Sorry, no camping provisions as the Knights of Longshanks are taking over the castle that weekend. So this event is best suited to local traders or those who want to just come for one day. :(
"Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! — I have as much soul as you — and full as much heart!"

Teagirl

Post by Teagirl »

What a shame.

Tillerman Beads

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

:( I know! This is our first little try out of this thing. Maybe next year we can offer camping then you will be able to join us x :thumbup:

Bad Viking
Post Centurion

Post by Bad Viking »

Dagnabbit - we are suited and booted for that period and a traders tent chock full of shiny things to sell ! --- mmm maybe next year -- and we also do topless trading too !

we have a pikey caravan as well ! so defiantly no go - for that.
I might be in the gutter....but I'm still looking up at the takeaway !.

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

:D

Teagirl

Post by Teagirl »

Chatelaine wrote::( I know! This is our first little try out of this thing. Maybe next year we can offer camping then you will be able to join us x :thumbup:
I think you'd get a better response from traders, then! I'll keep an eye out.

Tillerman Beads

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

Thanks Teagirl :thumbup: We're hopefully going to learn a lot this year, being we're green beanies. I was able to get HQ to agree to a £10 pitch fee as we can't offer anything but a piece of grass inside the castle and a warm welcome this year. I just hope a few traders come and give it a go. Advice like being able to camp there is obvious now you've said it to me, but I hadn't thought about that before, d'oh! Next year, if we have re-enactors there on the same festival weekend, we'll have to ensure that there are enough camping spaces for traders as well as the re-enactors.

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Post by lucy the tudor »

Most traders camp in their trading tent, not wanting to be too far from all our hard worked for stockand all that, so if you have room for their tents in the grounds, you would usually have it covered by just letting them use the same loos and stand pipes as the reenactors- we're easy to please.
lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, *rse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

sally
Post Knight

Post by sally »

and traders who don't sleep in their tents usually sleep in their vans, its pretty rare to find any that need additional tent space for sleeping in. We're fairly local, but even so we'd normally want to stay with the stall overnight even for a local show

Chatelaine

Post by Chatelaine »

Camping now available, I am very pleased to say! It is fine for you to sleep in your trading tents, or if you have modern tents they can be pitched at the back of the castle once the visitors have gone home on the Friday night and put back down once the Castle reopens at 9.30 the next morning. I will be staying too just in case anyone needs anything.

The only difficulty we have this year, is that vans cannot stay inside the castle grounds, they can come in to unload of course. Vans can be parked safely in our car park, but due to our insurance no one can sleep in them. :crazy: This will still cause probs for some of you I know, but we should be able to offer those of you with vans and caravans proper space next year. This is just a practise run for us, so please bear with us.

If you are interested in coming please let me know by PM-ing me, also giving me an idea about what you do or sell. Just to recap, it is £10 per day, per pitch for your stalls/stands.

Look forward to hearing from you.

PS. Could the Knight of Longshanks who spoke to Roger today PM me please, thanks x :thumbup: