Medieval craft artisans Wanted

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

green maiden7

Medieval craft artisans Wanted

Postby green maiden7 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

But the reason I have joined this forum as a ex re enacter I'am organising a Medival Christmas craft Fayre
in November around the 19th and 20th 2011 and looking for medieval crafts artisans who might be intreasted
in booking a stall.This is being done to raise funds at the site I work at which is Kenilworth Castle.
And thank you to Sophie in letting me know about the site.So if your'e intreasted and have insurance.
Please let me know on this post.Thank you for reading this post and I hope the situation resolves it self :lol : :wink:

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Medieval craft artisans Wanted

Postby Martin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 am

Hi we're interested :)

"you dont make friends with salad!"

houseoffreyja

Postby houseoffreyja » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

We are also interested.
Elaine and Tony

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Martin wrote:Hi we're interested :)

Thank you for your intreast in Kenilworth Castle Medieval Christmas Fayre ,Warwickshire.
At present ironing out a few bugs.The dates I'm looking at holding the medieval christmas fair would be 19th and the
20th November 2011 as I don't wish to clash with Torm.
The castle is ran by English Heritage but monies raised from hire of tables and chairs will be given to Kenilworth Castle.
I'm looking for medieval craft artisans who's wares can be sold to the public and vistors,please note no sharp objects due to children being present.You must hold a public and product liability insurance,
The cost for table and two chairs would be twenty pounds and for two days forty pounds you have choice of setting up in
the stables or the marque the price for tables and tables is the same ,or if wished bring your own table and chairs and pay twenty pound for space.The parking for traders is close to setting up and shutting down.But is still working progress.
Hope you would still like to attend and thanking for your intreast.Will send booking forms and terms and conditions out soon if you are still intreasted in coming.
Thank you for your time.
Kind Regards
Tracey Anson
Event organiser : Kenilworth Castle Medieval christmas craft fair

paul bennett

Postby paul bennett » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi,
Im interested.
Can bring a tent too

http://www.historicarts.co.uk
Bespoke and off-the-shelf furniture, games and weaponry for living history

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:56 am

paul bennett wrote:Hi,
Im interested.
Can bring a tent too

Hello and thank you for your intreast I believe that the mangement and I could find you a tent space but have to get back to you on this matter hopefully by the end of this week when I have had meeting with Kenilworth Castle.Please note due to children being on site no sharp pointed products due to health and saftey, would like you to sell all your products but unfortunatley no sharp point products due to children, as your selling to the public and visitors but otherwise I liked your website easy to navigate,one question do you hold a public and product liability insurance for instance from Market Traders Federation this is a requirment from Kenilworth Castle mangement.But I hope you are still willing to come.
Thank you for your time.
Kind Regards
Event Organiser: Kenilworth Castle Medieval Christmas Craft Fair 2011 :D

paul bennett

Postby paul bennett » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 am

Hi,
I have insurance through ntmf. I can be indoors as well as on the tent, so it's your choice as to the effect you want for the sale. None of my products have a sharp point.

http://www.historicarts.co.uk
Bespoke and off-the-shelf furniture, games and weaponry for living history

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:35 am

paul bennett wrote:Hi,
I have insurance through ntmf. I can be indoors as well as on the tent, so it's your choice as to the effect you want for the sale. None of my products have a sharp point.

Brilliant that your products have no sharp points and I'm please to provisional book you for the 19th and 20th November 2011
And I spoke to mangement at present there is no problem in you bringing your tent to the Kenilworth Castle Medieval Christmas
Craft Fayre.
Please email me at canda2009@yahoo.co.uk so I can send you the booking form and terms and conditions also the site set up plan near the time.Also you should be able to sleep on site but still in planning pharse.
Thank you for your time and help.
Kind Regards
Tracey Anson
Event Organiser: Kenilworth Castle Medieval Christmas Craft Fayre 2011

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am

green maiden7 wrote:
Martin wrote:Hi we're interested :)

Thank you for your intreast in Kenilworth Castle Medieval Christmas Fayre ,Warwickshire.
At present ironing out a few bugs.The dates I'm looking at holding the medieval christmas fair would be 19th and the
20th November 2011 as I don't wish to clash with Torm.
The castle is ran by English Heritage but monies raised from hire of tables and chairs will be given to Kenilworth Castle.
I'm looking for medieval craft artisans who's wares can be sold to the public and vistors,please note no sharp objects due to children being present.You must hold a public and product liability insurance,
The cost for table and two chairs would be twenty pounds and for two days forty pounds you have choice of setting up in
the stables or the marque the price for tables and tables is the same ,or if wished bring your own table and chairs and pay twenty pound for space.The parking for traders is close to setting up and shutting down.But is still working progress.
Hope you would still like to attend and thanking for your intreast.Will send booking forms and terms and conditions out soon if you are still intreasted in coming.
Thank you for your time.
Kind Regards
Tracey Anson
UPDATE:the 19th and 20th of November 2011 is now provisional booked and you may be able to sleep on site but that is still in disscussion with Kenilworth Castle mangement.Will keep you posted.Plesae email me at canda2009@yahoo.co.uk if you still wish to attend so I can send you the nessecery paper work.Hope you still intreasted in coming.
Event organiser : Kenilworth Castle Medieval christmas craft fair

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

green maiden7 wrote:But the reason I have joined this forum as a ex re enacter I'am organising a Medival Christmas craft Fayre
in November around the 19th and 20th 2011 and looking for medieval crafts artisans who might be intreasted
in booking a stall.This is being done to raise funds at the site I work at which is Kenilworth Castle.
And thank you to Sophie in letting me know about the site.So if your'e intreasted and have insurance.
Please let me know on this post.Thank you for reading this post and I hope the situation resolves it self :lol : :wink:

Please note due to Kenilworth Castle mangement has asked for no food products due to serious amount of red tape involved ,
sorry about that.

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 am

green maiden7 wrote:
green maiden7 wrote:But the reason I have joined this forum as a ex re enacter I'am organising a Medival Christmas craft Fayre

Please note due to Kenilworth Castle mangement has asked for no food products ie pork and stuffing catering vans, Jams and preserves.ect. As this is just a Medieval Christmas Craft Fayre I'm only looking for those who make traditional medival crafts like carpentry,clothing,candles,jewellery, leather work, baskets ,handmade soaps and body care products ect.
carpentry,clothing,candles ,jewellery,baskets ect .I apolygise if this was not clearly stated at the begining .The no food allowed section is not directed to anyone in particular.

green maiden7

Postby green maiden7 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 pm

PLEASE READ THE UPDATE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ON THE CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR BY LUCY

Kate Tiler
Post Centurion

Postby Kate Tiler » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 pm

green maiden7 wrote:Sorry for any inconvience caused by this misunderstanding and lack of communication between various
deparments and stress caused to all by this,I was trying get a sense of how many traders would be intreasted in attending
if a christmas craft farye went ahead if permision given.Due to misunderstanding and lack of communication with EH
my sincere apolygies to all and with great regrets the proposed fair is canceled.
Thank you to all for being understanding.

Just copied the text across from the other thread about this, originally started by Lucy & headed 'Christmas Craft Fair', just to make sure everyone has seen this - Kate in Mod mode, hope that helps.

http://www.katetiler.co.uk
http://www.companyofartisans.co.uk
"In art as in life everything is possible as long as it is based on love" Marc Chagall

Return to “Traders Discussion”