thats brill lol, ps, doing your saussies today, should be with you soon lol

"you dont make friends with salad!"

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

Re: Lincoln Xmas Market

Postby Skevmeister » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 am

Two questions

Firstly Dave,

Is it alright to come and crash at yours on the Saturday night? please.

Secondly,

Martin,

I have pulled my back and I am not going to be ableto wear armour, do you want to speak to Chas and see if this is going to be a problem.

Cheers

Alixx

ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

davetmoneyer

Postby davetmoneyer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Steve certainly old boy no problem, u can do Friday and Sunday as well if you wish.
See you soon
Dave

Regards Dave
Dave T Moneyer
perveyour of high quality cheap tat
Moneyer to the Bank of England
and the World
Regular prices for reasonable customers
http://www.grunal.com

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Martin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:31 am

I'd give him ring m8 and discuss it with him, Im only the intermediary lol aint an agent/manager or owt lol :)

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

Postby Skevmeister » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:07 am

Well since I have changed jobs, I have not got his details.

Can you PM them me and I will give him a call.

ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Martin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Just heading off to Lincoln to set up for the Medieval Market from South Wales, my friend in LIncoln just rang, loadsa snow, at least 4 inchs where she is and much more expected today and tomorrow :lol: , got 3 flasks of coffee, a whole loaf made into sarnies and many other snacks besides and if we do get stranded with hundreds of other hungry motorists all the jerky and fruit leathers are easily accesable for sale :twisted: LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN !! :lol:

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm still frantically making stock and wondering how many layers I can fit under my fattest frock! I think I've worked out that if I stick to linen rather than wool I can get 5 dresses on, plus thermals underneath, and a cloak and hood on top, and will cheat and wear modern boots so I can put extra thick wooly insoles and socks in.
The forecast says its going to be -10 in Lincoln on friday evening :wtf:

Heres hoping being a purveyor of wooly hats and socks is a good thing this weekend :D

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Just heard that the main market is cancelled, waiting to hear if the medieval one is going ahead and if there are likely to be enough visitors to make it a good plan to set out across the country :( Was really looking forward to this, and we needed the earnings after last weekends show flopped.

Graham Cooley

Postby Graham Cooley » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Sally, I have posted a reply re this on the thread in the F and G section but in summary the Historic Market in the Medieval Bishops Palace is cancelled too.

Sorry to have to broadcast sad news

Sarah (using Graham's login as he is in Lincoln)

Apothecary

Postby Apothecary » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I will add to the post before, This Event Has been canceled by the council due to a meeting that they had with the Police, Ambulance and HSE as it was considered too dangerous for the MOPs.......My husband has telephoned me and said look at the lincoln.gov.uk web site and all the info is on there

If it wasn't for the weather this country would be great

regards
Jayne

Apothecary

Postby Apothecary » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:13 pm

This is what they wrote:

Christmas Market cancelled

Date published: 1st December 2010
The Lincoln Christmas Market has been cancelled due to the severe weather conditions in the city and the wider region.

Snow has fallen in Lincolnshire and across the country for most of the week, with more snow predicted into the weekend.

Taking advice from partners, including Lincolnshire Police, East Midlands Ambulance Service and Lincolnshire County Council Highways, organisers at the City of Lincoln Council have taken the decision to cancel the event.

Rob Bradley from the City Council is in charge of safety at the event. He said: “It is with extreme regret that we have taken the decision to cancel the Lincoln Christmas Market this year. It has taken extreme weather conditions to do this, the first time it’s happened in the history of the market.

"Safety is our absolute priority at the Lincoln Christmas Market. Police advice is for people not to travel at all unless it is absolutely necessary, so we don’t want to encourage visitors and stallholders to travel to come along and risk getting stuck on the roads, or worse. The decision to cancel the event was a unanimous decision of all partners on the market’s safety advisory group.

"We work with many other organisations to stage this event, including the police, fire and ambulance services and county highways. All of these organisations are working flat out to deal with the severe weather conditions already.

“With more snow predicted for the coming days, we have taken this decision as early as possible, so people can rearrange their plans. I apologise to all those visitors and stallholders who are disappointed, but with the weather as it is, there wasn’t another option.”

Councillor Darren Grice, Leader of the City of Lincoln Council, said: “Obviously, we’re incredibly sad to have to cancel the Christmas Market for the first time. The event is extremely popular, and attracts visitors from all over the country and beyond. However, the safety of our local residents, visitors, stallholders and staff is the most important thing, and we don’t want to put people at risk.”

Chief Inspector Kieron English, said: “Our overriding concern is public safety, and due to the atrocious conditions over the last couple of days and potentially over the next couple of days, we can’t guarantee that safety.”

Stallholder enquiries should be emailed to christmasmarket@lincoln.gov.uk.

I copied and pasted from the web site.
regards
Jayne Milner

Return to “Traders Discussion”