Traders Wanted: 1460 Battle of Northampton, 3rd/4th July

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Traders Wanted: 1460 Battle of Northampton, 3rd/4th July

Post by Fox »

Platagenet Events have recently been asked to host an event to celebrate the 550th Aniversary of the Battle of Northampton.

This will be Delapre Abbey, on the outskirts of Northampton, on 3rd and 4th July 2010.

The event will feature jousting and mounted skill at arms, a medieval firepower demonstration and re-enactment of part of the battle.

As it's quite late in day, and it's for the best of causes [see below], so we are asking for a simple £30 pitch for fee.
Just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a booking form. Simple as that.

We will be hosting this event in conjunction with the Friends of Delapre Abbey, and with the kind help of the Battlefield Trust.

Recent research indicates that the site we are using is probably right on the edge of the original battlefield. The Battlefield Trust are keen to raise the profile of the site, so they can start a proper investigation there, and we're hoping that this event will help with that. Please join us if you can.

Miel

Re: Traders Wanted: 1460 Battle of Northampton, 3rd/4th July

Post by Miel »

Thanks Fox but can't make it - Kentwell.
Miel (pronounced "Mile")
"Well again and back with a vengence"

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Re: Traders Wanted: 1460 Battle of Northampton, 3rd/4th July

Post by Fox »

Warning Orders have now been sent out.
If you were expecting some and they haven't arrived let me know, and I'll remedy that

If anyone is interested in this event but hasn't been in touch, it isn't too late. Just PM me.