Alnwick Market looking for Traders August 14th!!!!!

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

gracia

Alnwick Market looking for Traders August 14th!!!!!

Postby gracia » Thu May 06, 2010 8:11 pm

[size=150]We're looking for Traders to attend the Historic Town of Alnwick's Market on the 14th August as first written! Covered Stalls will be provided, pitch fee £30/35. Merchandise to be Handmade and suitable for public/Tourists. There is to be a Medieval Banquet in the evening. Our aim is to help Alnwick bring back the Medieval Fayre, its early stages and yes, this is only one day but the plan is to eventually restore the week long festival which will include the famous Castle ( used in Harry Potter ) and the Walled Gardens.
I know its a long way for many people but if interested pm me ( Gracia) or email gracia.travis@googlemail.com or Kenny Woods ( kentherovingpieman@yahoo.co.uk )
Last edited by gracia on Sat May 08, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Graham Cooley

Re: Alnwick Market looking for Traders 14th Aug

Postby Graham Cooley » Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm

It's a number of years since I have been to Alnwick Fayre. Do they still have the ducking stool where the same young ladies seemed to keep voluntering throughout the day?

gracia

Re: Alnwick Market looking for Traders 14th August

Postby gracia » Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Lol no idea Graham, I'm a Newbie up here! But have been told by locals that it used to be the highlight of the year. Problems arose I think thru a change of committee who basicaly couldn't be bothered to run it anymore. It's sorely missed by locals and will certainly be appreciated by the Tourists, and has a LOT of potential for the future.
Last edited by gracia on Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teagirl

Re: Alnwick Market looking for Traders DATE CHANGE!!!!!

Postby Teagirl » Sat May 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Unfortunately, that's the same weekend as Lanark, so we'll have to drop out. What a shame as we were looking forward to it.

Prime practitioner of headology and purveyor of beads.

Tillerman Beads

gracia

Re: Alnwick Market looking for Traders DATE CHANGE!!!!!

Postby gracia » Sat May 08, 2010 10:15 pm

You wont believe this but after great consideration we've swung it back to 14th! sorry folks for mess ups :$ Hope your still up for it Tea Girl would love to have you there x

Teagirl

Re: Alnwick Market looking for Traders August 14th!!!!!

Postby Teagirl » Sat May 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Great news, we'll be there!

Tillerman Beads

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Sat May 15, 2010 1:40 am

14th clashes with the Planty event in Lincoln, which I'm booked into

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Montsegur

Postby Montsegur » Sun May 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Teagirl wrote -
Unfortunately, that's the same weekend as Lanark, so we'll have to drop out. What a shame as we were looking forward to it.

I'd just like to clarify that Scotland's Festival of History in the Royal Burgh of Lanark is on Aug 21/22 .

And since Alnwick isn't that far from Lanark perhaps anyone considering one may also consider the other and make a holiday of it.
Camping at Lanark is available from the Thursday until the Monday.

Scotland's Festival of History
http://www.scotlandsfestivalofhistory.co.uk

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Sun May 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Montsegur wrote:Teagirl wrote -

I'd just like to clarify that Scotland's Festival of History in the Royal Burgh of Lanark is on Aug 21/22 .

And since Alnwick isn't that far from Lanark perhaps anyone considering one may also consider the other and make a holiday of it.
Camping at Lanark is available from the Thursday until the Monday.

Gracia's original post was changed, Tea Girl replied to the early version which gave Alnwick as being on the 21st (ie clashing with Lanark). Then as she was able to move the event a week earlier she edited the date on her post to the 14th. Hence the confusion!!!

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Teagirl

Postby Teagirl » Mon May 17, 2010 10:50 am

Confusion? I darn near had a heart attack! It's all good, now, I think... Alnwick on the 14th, Lanark on the 21/22. :sweat:

Tillerman Beads

gracia

Postby gracia » Sat May 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Sorry for all confusion and near damn Heart attacks lol, YES DEFINATELY 14th August!!!!!
Anyone who may be interested but needs somewhere to sleep over I can accomadate up to 6, thats 3/4 indoors ( depending on how cosy you want to be :) ) and 2 outside in garden weather permitting and as long as you have small tents lol ( dome type that is NOT a bloody great Medieval one hehe!)
We've had a very positive response thus far from the public who are as eager as we are to see a medieval festival back in Alnwick and the Banquet is looking good too!
Once again can I also put out a request if anyone is willing to come along who is either talented within music/ singing/ theatre who would be able to entertain the public in return for free food/drink and a place to stay overnight we would be eternally grateful.
I will say again, I know it's a darn long way to travel and we're asking a lot of you's all to help us here but this is a new venture and its up to us to show the local council just what CAN be done! :)

JamieUK

Postby JamieUK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:24 am

Excuse me for bumping this thread, there is a reason.

I'd like to know if that one-off day in 2010 ever happened?

I know if it did it didn't stick, but among others I would definitely like to see the Alnwick Fair resurrected and I'd like to help out once my home move plans come to fruition.

Return to “Traders Discussion”