Trade Pitch discounts idea

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

paste

Trade Pitch discounts idea

Postby paste » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 am

Hi folks,
Having taken over the ownership of the International Living History Fair last November (2009), I have been working hard going through the Traders feedback forms.
A large number of you mentioned that you might be interested in additional trading opportunities with the Pike And Shot Tour & Event Company (PASTE).
We are currently working on a number of Events for 2011, and I'd like a straw poll to ask if a discount was offered for multiple trade pitch bookings to regular traders, would that encourage anyone to pay to attend 3 or more events run by PASTE?

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Re: Trade Pitch discounts idea

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 am

probably, though most of your events are a long way from me.
I normally have a heavy load and I cant go back for a second lot but with or without a discount I would consider your events ( and a discount would be taken into account )

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Postby lucy the tudor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 am

Within reason, I don't think the pitch fee is what decides whether I attend a show or not, rather the ratio of pitch fee to the number of people attending and so likely sales- hence much more willing to pay what is a big chunk of money already for a small trader like me, for ILHF or TORM but could not risk doing so for some of the Summer outdoor jobs which have less serious business opportunity but are fun to do, and let people see the product.
Having said which, I haven't done a lot of the big Kelmarsh and Tewkesbury do's yet, which are a whole different level of sales, so I'm told, so maybe it's more a symptom of me being small and relatively new trader (only coming up to four years on the circuit).
Of course, loyalty rewards are always welcome, and may swing a "this one or that one" decision if one were choosing what to do on a particular weekend.
Now the really embarrassing question to admit- I'm not sure what other events you do?

lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, arse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:11 am

the napoleonic event for which there are 2 threads today the lulworth pirate event and others but mainly near the south coast at a guess

I think lulworth cove near weymouth in dorset is nearly 200 miles for me so cant take much stock, cant go back for more = less sales

ILHF 40 miles, go home at night to restock and even make more stock as required

Graham Cooley

Postby Graham Cooley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 am

Kelmarsh is a totally different type of client to LHF or TORM. We deliberately have a giftware range for the public and reenactors who are looking for a historically inspired gift. If we did not have this range then Kelmarsh would be a nonstarter. Usually at least 50% of our sales are giftware to the public at Kelmarsh. At the markets this is much reduced but still forms a significant part of our turnover.

We do not make a living at trading and as such deliberately have a limited number of events that we trade at. A reduced pitch fee would not change this strategy. Having said that we are probably unusual in that we trade as part of the hobby and do not want to trade at every opportunity.

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Postby The Iron Dwarf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:32 pm

I did very well at kelmarsh and as usual 90% + was to reenactors

Hinny Annie

Postby Hinny Annie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

paste wrote:We are currently working on a number of Events for 2011, and I'd like a straw poll to ask if a discount was offered for multiple trade pitch bookings to regular traders, would that encourage anyone to pay to attend 3 or more events run by PASTE?

Hi Dave, we would be interested, please send us some details when you have them.

Annie

Boga Sceal Straele - a bow shall be for arrows

www.apieceofhistory.co.uk

lawrence

Postby lawrence » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 pm

I'd be interested too, it does of course depend on how many are suitable for a Roman trader :wink:

Lawrence Payne
Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Botticelli to spray your car.
http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.com
http://www.cosmatifloors.co.uk

greenland_and_game

Postby greenland_and_game » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 am

we'd like to be added to your list please Dave

Supplying rocks, gems, minerals, fossils and associated products.

Tod
Absolute Wizard

Postby Tod » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Good idea but like some of the others I only really sell to re-enactors/museums,TV/film.

Ania M

Postby Ania M » Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I'd be interested but would need to know which events and where they are located

paste

Postby paste » Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone,
If you've been tracking this post, I am now able to offer an additional trading opportunity at a NEW National Trust site - Bateman's near Burwash in East Sussex.
I'm running a small multiperiod event at the site for the first time - only 3/4 Groups (awaiting final confirmation from one), but lots of public.
The date is July 31st - August 1st.
If you're interested - only £30 (any size pitch), but must trade from an authentic tent/booth.
Am off running the Lulworth Pirate Festival on Thursday for a week, so either e-mail & wait for an answer, or call me on the work mobile after 7pm on 07771 824495 for more info!
Best regards,
Dave Allan (Pike & Shot Events Ltd)
PS - More Trade Events in the pipeline - International Napoleonic Fair Sept 25th - 26th, ILHF Oct 29th - 31st, and possible new Events next year.
Multiple bookings will increase discount pitch availability - please enquire if your interested.

Return to “Traders Discussion”