HELP NEEDED FOR LINCOLN!

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Pete the Pong

HELP NEEDED FOR LINCOLN!

Postby Pete the Pong » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 am

Starting a new thread -but this follows the one from Martin.
It seems that despite the fact that the market ran well last year, there is a lot of concern about inadequate advertising for this year.
What I am proposng is that if we can get enough people (ie about 30 traders) to throw in £10 each, we could put a thread in the "re-enactors wanted" and pay someone to walk around the city publicising our presence. Preferably to be (sometimes) joined by a trader (on a rota basis, but of course only if any of us have a spare body). Martin and ourselves are definitely prepared to pay that amount. Who else would be prepared to go along with us?

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Re: HELP NEEDED FOR LINCOLN!

Postby Martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

Ive been talking to DtM about this and he's going to pop in and speak to Chas about it today and also let chas know that there are a couple of people who want leaflets so they can get a bit of advertising in a couple of weeks before, Ive also got to speak to a local paper later this week lol :D , Im more than happy to bunge someone a tenner :D

"you dont make friends with salad!"

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:42 am

As I see it, although avance publicity is always good -but I suspect that the majority of potential customers will not make their minds up as to whether they are going to visit the Bishops Palace until the day itself. So if we can organise someone to get out onto the streets while the market is on, that should help us a lot. But in fairness to whoever does it we are going to have to offer them far more than a tenner -which is why we all need to work together on this one. And I think that we can.

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

davetmoneyer

Postby davetmoneyer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Called round today but forgot that the Palace is closed on Wednesdays :crazy: will swing by there later in the week

Regards Dave
Dave T Moneyer
perveyour of high quality cheap tat
Moneyer to the Bank of England
and the World
Regular prices for reasonable customers
http://www.grunal.com

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Having visited Lincoln in September for the UK's first Steam Punk Weekend I can say that the Bishops Palace is marvellous and anyone visiting this fair city will make a bee-line for the Castle...Cathedral and Palace. HAveing not attended the Christmas Faire but haveing heard of its poularity I don;t think there will be any shortage of visitors as I am told by people of the Stemapunk forum it gets albsolutely rammed to the rafters with people. Cood look with advertising though I am sure that and a walking advert will be extremely successful

"its the bubbles.. they get lodged in me chest"
"mmm yes there's room for a few lodgers in there!"
www.gothichaven.com/gothic-clothing

Jim Smith

Postby Jim Smith » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 pm

You could ask the local WOTR re-enactment group (Burgh's Retinue) if they'd be willing to help.

www.lord-burgh.com

"I hold it to be of great prudence for men to abstain from threats and
insulting words towards any one, for neither the one nor the other in any
way diminishes the strength of the enemy." Niccolo Machiavelli

Return to “Traders Discussion”