arrowmaker
Post Centurion

Do anyone know these people

Postby arrowmaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Do anyone know these people
CHADLUS 01
Barcelona
Spain
They want me to send some goods to them.
Fred

Neibelungen
Post Centurion

Re: Do anyone know these people

Postby Neibelungen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:20 pm

There's been a spate of emails coming from places like Canada and Australia asking if you would send good to them and if you take credit cards.

Usually the obvious clue is that there's know knowledge of what good you sell and requesting a price list (especially if your website has a price-list on it)

Pretty much the same as the Nigerian and Ivory coast type scams. Stolen or faked credit card details and the you get charged-back and you've got no leg to stand on.

Best indication is the email address used.. often a google, yahoo or hotmail with a different country domain to the originating source, though not always.

Email them asking for a telephone number.. if it's the right country then less risk, but can be conscripted people on a phone.. Ask them a period specific question... any scammer will not have a clue.

Otherwise... any doubts... it's not worth the risk, and no money from an order is a lot better than no money from a con and no goods to show for it.

Military Metalwork
Accoutrements, Regalia, Headdres & Metalwork

http://www.militarymetalwork.co.uk

arrowmaker
Post Centurion

Postby arrowmaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks mate this is why I am asking.I have told them I will not send any goods until the money is in my bank and cleared they have agree but I am still a bit bothered.This is why I asked if anyone has dealed with these people.
Fred

Pete the Pong

Postby Pete the Pong » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Again be careful,
The money can get to your bank and be cleared -but if it later turns out to be part of a money laundering fraud, at the best you will simply loose your cash, at worst you could be investigated as being part of whatever scam is being run.
Speak to the people directly, and ask THEM questions. You can always tell them that you are making sure that you are going to be supplying them with the correct type of item for their needs. After all, if they are genuine then they will be only to pleased to talk about their order.
Also the fact that the name doesn't google up a clear answer is suspicious! We get several similar ones a week -the clue that they are dodgy is that either they want to know what goods we stock (which are clearly on the website) or they are asking for a large quantity of our most expensive items and not trying to negotiate a discount!

Yes -I firmly believe in the healing power of herbal remedies.
So much so that I insist on taking at least three or more pints of the Sacred Malted Medicine each and every night.

Ems-world

Postby Ems-world » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:25 am

They normally say they will arrange their own courier and do they not "over pay" the amount so you have to refund them the difference - and down the line you end up losing money and goods. steer clear

arrowmaker
Post Centurion

Postby arrowmaker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 am

Thank you people this is what I thought.Just checking incase it was on the up.Have dealt abroard with know companies,but could not trace these people.I will now get rid from my computor and just deleat any other Messages.
Many thanks Fred

Return to “Traders Discussion”