Caldicot 2008 -CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING!!

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Phillips

Caldicot 2008 -CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING!!

Post by Jackie Phillips »

Hi fellow traders,

We still have pitches available for Caldicot Medieval Fayre (south Wales) on 6th/7th September.

For those of you not familiar with it, it is the Early Medieval Alliance's end of season party. We organise a battle, living history camp, archery display and competition and the Lancaster Armourie's Full Contact Tournament.

The whole event is set against the backdrop of Caldicot Castle in a beautifully green park only 15 minutes from the M4 just into Wales (original Severn Bridge).

It is free entrance to the public, and this year advertising will be spread far and wide (well, Cardiff to Bristol at any rate). Re-enactors even travel from Scotland to come.

Food vendors are already booked, as is the most entertaining beer tent on the circuit - Crimson Moon, a Drunken Monk franchise.

The market is relaxed, we have a mixture of established re-enactment traders and newer general interest traders, we do not even mind the odd gazebo amongst the authentic tents. It is a great venue for starting out as a trader.

Pitches are £35 and booking forms are available from me - either pm me, phone me on 07979 991694 or e-mail me (address in my signature). If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jackie
Trader Liaison
www.theEMA.co.uk
Last edited by Jackie Phillips on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust your instincts, whatever else you do.

lucy the tudor
Post Knight

Post by lucy the tudor »

I can vouch for this event being beautiful, friendly and easy to find...
There is even talk of a steampunk theme for the Saturday night in the bar? In which case we get to watch the grown ups play dress up, and I get to try to join in with my BIG boots...must buy a corset from somewhere...and chicken fillets (to fill it).
The locals were friendly too, and handy for town for a wide range of good takeaway food for variety. Clean loos too, real ones, with room to move about in. Good playground for the kids, and the plastic camp is close to the event.
If you haven't booked in, and you are considering it, don't hesitate.
Lucy
lucythetudor@gmail.com

a filthy, *rse-grabbing strumpet, masquerading as a demure two-door lady.

The Iron Dwarf
Post Knight

Post by The Iron Dwarf »

have another event that weekend or I would.
forges, fireboxes tools and more.
http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/52487
new stuff inc chainshot + grenadoes.
visit my place and have a go

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Post by Martin »

we'll be there, one of the last reenactments of the year , cracking venue and we will be steam punking as well 8)
"you dont make friends with salad!"

Hinny Annie

Post by Hinny Annie »

Jackie have pm'd you
Boga Sceal Straele - a bow shall be for arrows

www.apieceofhistory.co.uk

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Post by Fox »

If anyone is still looking for an event this weekend, we do, thanks to a rather large site, still have space for a few more traders.

Please contact Jackie for details.

Jackie Phillips

Unfortunately, due to the heavy rain now flooding the site - and more on it's way - we have had to take the decision to cancel the event.

I'm busy trying to let every trader booked in know; those who are not answering their phone hopefully will do so in the next few hours.

I'm really sorry, because it is one of our favourite shows, and because all the committee have put in huge amounts of effort to make it work. It would have been fabulous....

Jackie

Jim

Post by Jim »

If Martin didn't have something to gripe about before, he certainly does now.

"Thoroughly fed up" doesn't even begin to describe it.
www.cybalism.org - The new view of the Universal Truth

jelayemprins

Cancelled event

Post by jelayemprins »

Sorry to hear the news AGAIN!

If anyone wants to try a free medieval trading event this weekend I am organising one at Rochester Castle, north Kent.

I will be leaving tomorrow at daybreak so pm tonite OR mobile 07717 482823 if you want to give it a try.

Can't guarantee the weather but it aint yet cancelled...

PS free admission!

Let me know!
IJ
'making history happen'
-

Martin
Absolute Wizard

Post by Martin »

Jim you have no idea m8 :cry: , its becoming a struggle just to stay afloat (forgive the pun :lol: )
"you dont make friends with salad!"

Man from Coventry

Post by Man from Coventry »

Just to add Blore Heath 20th/21st Sept is still on and taking bookings see www.bloreheath.org

The site is not flood vulnerable being on hill, with good drainage (Sand & Gravel) subsoil. Heavy rains not unknown at some point in the event, but these haven't been a show stopper in the past.
A good sword, a trusty hand, a merry heart and true.

Jackie Phillips

I'll not forget the sunday morning rainstorm at Blore 2 years ago, it was so noisy we couldn't hear ourselves speak! An hour later and the site was dry!

Looking forward to this year!

Jackie