The long goodbye

For traders and related people to share

Moderator: Moderators

Gothic-Haven

The long goodbye

Postby Gothic-Haven » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am

Dear friends and fellow traders, it is with deepest regret that "Gothic Haven" aka "Tortuga Trading Corp" will cease trading on 28th February 2008. We have thought long and hard about the whole situation but having lost so many opportunities this last year and it not being our main source of income we have decided to call it a day as far as trading is concerned although we hope to move into re-enacting in the Norfolk area as archers. The tent has been sold and the Van is being collected this coming Sunday but if anyone is interested in any remaining stock ( mainly corsets and dragons/fairies/silver and pewter jewellery/ or any of our trapping such as the glorious persian rugs we used to decorate the tent with please let me know either PM me or e-mail gabrielle(at)gothichaven.com.
Its been a wonderful 5 years and we have met many people and made many friends. Please keep in touch and let us know if you need stall minders next year as we are more than willing to come and watch your pitch while you get a decent hot meal
Gabi...see I told you it was long!

"its the bubbles.. they get lodged in me chest"
"mmm yes there's room for a few lodgers in there!"
www.gothichaven.com/gothic-clothing

Steve Stocker

Postby Steve Stocker » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:12 am

Sorry to hear that - but for what it's worth you are making a decision worthy of respect. Knowing when to stop is a tough one.
All the best for the future.

Usted no tiene prioridad

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 pm

thankyou Steve I appreciate your words.. we did dither and would have dithered on had we not sold the tent.. not tent = no trading and it'll be too expensive to start again.... tme for a new chapter.. we may even change periods.. I LOVE my victoriana and dressing up but its very hard to find a society in the UK that has events.. theres always WWII though but I have issues with that :-( suggestions appreciated if anyone has any ideas as we will have ALOT of free time next year

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

Postby Skevmeister » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:02 pm

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to decide to pull up the flaps. I wish you the best for the new year, and hopefully your time will be full.

Come and be a fox bummer Medieval is so much fun

Skev

ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:47 pm

welll we have the kit and the bow's so are halfway there. we know so many of you lovely peeps that we couldn't possibly say goodbye forever.. I think we are supposed to be infiltrating the Stanleys (hope thats not a criminal offence) :-) but we will rest up over the winter and give it all some thought... pity one cannot fight in a corset!

steve stanley
Post Knight

Postby steve stanley » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Cardigan did at Balaclava!....

"Give me a tent and a kettle
Snowshoes and axe and gun
Send me up in Grand River
Steering by star and sun".
- Labrador Trapper's Song

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:25 pm

ahh thats as maybe but did he look as good as me? hmmm? LOL

Cat
Post Centurion

Postby Cat » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Darling, if you are to be fighting as a Stanley are you not aware that Mr Lunn's excellent brigs actually function as a corset, albeit one of a surgical nature. I know my posture improves dramatically when I am no longer able to slouch...! (They also put paid to any suggestion of doublet dumplings for the 'Bob' who wants to be more convincing... :P )

http://www.blood.co.uk. You get biscuits and everything.
A'Stanley A'Stanley!

moosiemoosiegander

Postby moosiemoosiegander » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:16 pm

Aw no! I am so sorry to hear that you have decided to shut up shop. It must have been a very hard decision and I for one will miss your stall a great deal - it is such a rarity to find quality corsetry for the curvier of hip!

I'm glad to hear that you shall still be on the circuit though, so we haven't lost you altogether! Which Stanley shall you be infiltrating, Thomas or William? (ooer missus!)

I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?

Drachelis

Postby Drachelis » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:17 pm

sorry to see you go - it has ben a bad year for quite a few traders but making the decision to quit rather than sink into the mire is commendable - but I am confident that we hall see both you around the circuit - its `not easy to dis appear altogether :D

Cherry
Shadowlight Designs

House of De Clifford

Postby House of De Clifford » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:35 am

oooo Gaby,

we will miss you on traders row, please don't be a stranger and come and join in the goss round the brazier in the evenings

love ya

Miranda
PS might be interested in a corset........... need to measure meself first..... job for Dave!!! :lol:

House of De Clifford
Suppliers of ethical fur and hides to Re- enactment, Film, Tv and Theatre.
http://www.houseofdeclifford.co.uk

Gothic-Haven

Postby Gothic-Haven » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Been away from the forum for a while.. putting all remaing corsets and stock on the website soon so do have a look.. we will be going to a couple of events Tatton, Dave Smiths Welsh ones and any that will let us in :-) you haven't seen the last of us...

Return to “Traders Discussion”