Authentic Thanksgiving Feast

Moderator: Moderators

AdmiralStandish

Authentic Thanksgiving Feast

Postby AdmiralStandish » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 am

Hi, all...

I am just curious if there are any organizations or individual groups out there that hold an annual "traditional" Thanksgiving feast, meaning that the food is both of the same menu and style/method of preparation as the original Plimouth colonists? I know Plimouth Plantation is one possibility, but that is a pretty major touristy area, and I'm looking for something a bit more intimate in scale, though it would totally rock if such an event were also held in a period village. This has nothing to do with my Battlestar Urantia project... this is for my own personal interest, as I would love to be a part of such a gathering. If anyone knows of any such happenings, please let me know! Thanks!

- AdmiralStandish

"Now you'll be forgivin' me, for I'm not usually the slappin' kind... but you just don't go 'round comparin' pilgrims to whores." - Eliza Winnow, Battlestar Urantia

sheepmilker

Re: Authentic Thanksgiving Feast

Postby sheepmilker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Plimoth have a really good book with recipes etc, and info. about the REAL first thanksgiving, and associated myths. Just in case you want to do your own thing. Good luck...

Return to “Food and Drink”