Inspiration needed!

Moderator: Moderators

Loaflady

Inspiration needed!

Postby Loaflady » Wed May 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Any ideas for the weekend? I'm going to do some cooking at our event this weekend - demos for MOPS, tasters for the group.
I'm bored with what I usually do and just can't get inspired. Any ideas? :^)
It needs to be quick to fit around other activities, authentic for late 14th, early 15th Cs, interesting to watch/talk about, tasty and cheap! Oh, and done over the fire, no oven. Easy!!
Cheers!

Strickland

Re: Inspiration needed!

Postby Strickland » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:54 pm

I see this post is past its sell by, no pun intended, but I used to do something like a steamed meat loaf, all kinds of stuff, veggies, bacon, sausage, breadcrumbs, egg etc all mixed together, plus my old favourite green pea pottage which is basically creamed mushy peas with onions, brown sugar and black pepper. Another fave was bacon and herb broth. Real simple with cabbage, bacon, fennel, salt & pepper to taste I think it was. Very nice with a chunk of crusty bread! And some ale of course!

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Strickland wrote:The food of love became the greed of our time, now we're living on the profits of crime

Messrs Butler, Ward, Iommi and Osbourne: "Hole in the Sky" from the album "Sabotage" by Black Sabbath. I presume.

Top stuff.

www.cybalism.org - The new view of the Universal Truth

Strickland

Postby Strickland » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Yes Jim you are quite correct! Couldnt resist it! :thumbup:

Neil

Its not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. Nullum est coclear!!!

Return to “Food and Drink”