Looking for opportunities

General goss and chatting

Moderator: Moderators

AnnetteA-R

Looking for opportunities

Postby AnnetteA-R » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi, this is my first post so please forgive me if it is in the wrong place. I am interested in Regency/Napoleonic/Georgian (but am prepared to consider any period). I make my costumes (as historically accurate as possible) and I attend events as I find them. I dance in the period. I live in North Yorkshire where little seems to happen re-enactment wise but I'm free to travel July/August/September so am looking for opportunities elsewhere in this period (voluntary or paid). I am prepared to consider anything if it involves costume and meeting like-minded people. Thanks

40/- freeholder

Re: Looking for opportunities

Postby 40/- freeholder » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:52 am

I'm in Co. Durham so, out of interest, whereabouts in N. Yorks are you and where do you go dancing? I'm learning Playford dances with an English Folk Dance group. There was talk of a Playford Ball last summer but there wasn't enough interest for it to be viable. A costume Playford Ball is on my Bucket List.

Times Past

Postby Times Past » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:05 pm

I have emailed you a reply

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:43 pm

40/- freeholder wrote:I'm in Co. Durham so, out of interest, whereabouts in N. Yorks are you and where do you go dancing? I'm learning Playford dances with an English Folk Dance group. There was talk of a Playford Ball last summer but there wasn't enough interest for it to be viable. A costume Playford Ball is on my Bucket List.

Having been told that the Playford Dances are so simple that even a Eurovision entrant can master them (and me with two left feet certainly am part of that class) I wouldn't mind attending one either, sadly I'm in Ceredigion (which is even less active than the North of England)

Return to “Friends and Gossip”