Hy Friends !

General goss and chatting

Moderator: Moderators

OneMan

Hy Friends !

Postby OneMan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 am

Hello Brothers ! I m Florian, I m 26 years old, im inlove with medieval times and animals, especially horses and dogs, i have a big collection of medieval collectibles backhome. i worked as an equestrian guide 6 years almost. going with the most 40 horses and tourists on the mountain, I can do horsestunts, i can shoot traditional bows very well, i can fight with medieval weapons, im helpfull in this kind of area and animals grooming, I m doing it good because its passion.
As in Romania, where i m from, medieval jousting and reenactment its not so well known, i ve worked alot to earn money to come in UK , where i tought its the place for this kind of passion.
I m a man o principles and reliable as only a knight can be !
I m searching for job, or even volunteering if i have acommodation and food. in this area, medieval jousting, reenactment, i would live happy forever in a medieval museum village or settlement. I can send some photos if you want, and i ll answer to any question you want. You can change my life and earn a brother for life ! please think about this and let me know, Sorry for my bad english and thank you ! Florian Miutu

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Hy Friends !

Postby Mark Griffin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi Florian, welcome to the forum.

We don't really have anything like a permanent venue in the UK for medieval shows, but many sites do have a season of shows. Places like The Royal Armouries, Warwick Castle and Hever Castle have a run of shows in the summer where a variety of shows and activities are put on for visitors. Although they have their own staff many of the horse shows are run by outside groups so you might want to try contacting the following:

Atkinsons Action Horses
Knights of Royal England
Horses4History
Historic Equitation

Hope that helps a bit and good luck!

Griff

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:11 pm

OneMan wrote:Hello Brothers ! I m Florian, I m 26 years old, im in love with medieval times and animals, especially horses and dogs

I have heard of many people experting in one aspect of history, but historical domestication, that is a new one on me I will admit. Perhaps you can help in one regard then (and if not then perhaps someone else can) namely "When did cats become domesticated?" I know that dogs became domesticated around the time of the Ice Age or thereabouts but cats, would not have a clue sorry.

sally
Post Knight

Postby sally » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Henri, as far as we know, cats seem to have self domesticated. There are neolithic sites in Britain (offhand cant recall which but they are mentioned in the writeup of the Stonehenge landscape that EH brought out a few years ago) that indicate undomesticated wildcats living on the fringes of settlements where presumably they benefited from the increased small rodent population accompanying grain storage. Its thought they very quietly became more used to people, and from our side became familiar parts of a farming settlement until at some stage their opportunistic tendencies and usefulness as rodent control led them to the fireside. Interestingly though not all time periods look favourably on cats indoors, possibly because they are contrary beasts who don't follow orders like dogs do ;) You can also look at the role of cats in Ancient Egypt if your interests include that part of the world

OneMan

Postby OneMan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Thank you Griffin, the fact that some people are tryin to advice or help me instead of maing fun of my passion, it make me happy.
I ll try on those sites. thank you !

Return to “Friends and Gossip”