14th Century Potter

Historic questions, thoughts and other interesting stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

14th Century Potter

Post by Skevmeister »

Hi Ya All,

TQO has decided that she wants to take up potting as something to od a shows when she isn't clubbing me with pointy sticks.

Does anybody have any resources available for potters wheels and references for pottery of the 14th century for her to start her off and any ideas of good books.

I will be making the potters wheel, and it will need to be trasnportable so if any of you have done anything like this before then your help will be appreciated.

Alixx
ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

craig1459
Post Centurion

Post by craig1459 »

Hi Skev

PM PolthePot - Paul knows more about pottery than most (he's in my other group the Saviles)

Craig
die Behmen hinder iren bafosen ... stunden vest wie die mauren

Skevmeister
Post Centurion

Post by Skevmeister »

Cheers Craig I will do.
ad augusta per angusta

No Hamster's, Moderators, Animals, or Re-Enactors were harmed in the making of this post.

Skev keeping it real since '86

Apathy Ain't A Policy

Ben Rodgers

Post by Ben Rodgers »

I dont know his details but Jim the Pot is brillent we have all our pottery from him and he does a wide range through the middle ages. But Jim in himself is a vast knowledge I say a living walking talking encylopidia when it comes to pottery
The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people.

Annie C
Location: 5 mins late in setting off to where I should be....

Post by Annie C »

...ooooh...gosh ...first tentative post...... :oops:

Have you seen the article in Ceramic Review 215 (sept/oct 05) which gives details of wheel made using fifteenth century playing card illustrations as one of the main reference points!

P.M. me if you can't get hold of a copy and I'll pass you the info... :D