Use of Horses in Re-enactment

Historic questions, thoughts and other interesting stuff

Moderator: Moderators

DomT

Postby DomT » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:18 am

Ow!

For all those quoting the gentleness of Moomin>

He was fine untill you tried to take him home. trying to get the great hulking brute back on the truck after a event was a 'mare.

Oh and he was a fiend for beer, leave a can or two around and he'd have 'em in a second. :)

My mothers shire on t'other hand can be quite a bolshy madam around feeding time. Somebody tried to steel her rug overnight a couple of weeks ago. They ran out of bribes half way through and fled when she twigged. Mostly they're a lovely gentle breed and as Cat sez not really nasty enough for a warhorse.
My old heavy hunter (long since dead) was more the type, allmost as tall as a shire but mean and fast with it. You hid mints from that one at your own peril.

"Sir, I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

"To hear one voice clearly, we must have freedom to hear them all."

Dom Twist. Black Company, Kernow Levy, Team KGB and freelance idiot.

BraveAnimal

Postby BraveAnimal » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:16 am

Auch!

The worst I have ever done with my pony was a fall wehn he was being obstinate and bolted for home, he missed the road to the stables, or so I thought and recognized it alst minute. Make a 110° turn on cobbles is never a good idea and he slid on his side. I was lucky to land on my hip ( nice blue pink purple orange colored hip for a few weeks) And not underneath. I was so p*ssed at him that I didn't feel the pain unitl I got home.

all other bruises are small ones from falling on the slippery boards on teh dungheap, knocking my legs on trees and bushes and such...

Image Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum

Return to “General History”