Crafts-people wanted to deliver workshops in France 2019

Job adverts for re-enactors, schools, film, tv and events organisers please post here.

Moderator: Moderators

bookofeli

Crafts-people wanted to deliver workshops in France 2019

Postby bookofeli » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi,

I’m looking for people with craft skills, who can run workshops for small groups and would be able to travel to France in 2019 to deliver them.
This isn’t a “costumed living history” gig, as such, so there are no restrictions on materials used, whether you have/haven’t hand-stitched your clothes or whether you can wear glasses or not! It’s more about sharing the skills and knowledge from times past, and relating them to the present day.

The location is a 17th century château in Corrèze, France, with over 20 acres of land and the ambition to become a centre for crafts, alternative technology, permaculture and to build an eco-village using unique architect-designed kit-houses. There is a reconstructed medieval farm close by, and the spectacular "Tours de Merle" about 20 minutes away, which we will also be making links with.

Most living history bods I know love making something, so get in touch if you fancy the opportunity to spend some time in a truly rural part of France, and get paid to share your particular passion - be it pottery, metal-working, pole-lathing, herbal medicine, bushcraft, mosaics, astronomy … whatever!

We can accommodate workshops in the open air, indoors and anything in between.
There is plenty of space for tents and caravans, as well as the potential for en-suite rooms in the chateau.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Mark

Return to “Re-enactors Wanted”