Notes to re-enactors about responding - from Cal

Job adverts for re-enactors, schools, film, tv and events organisers please post here.

Moderator: Moderators

cal
Site Admin

Notes to re-enactors about responding - from Cal

Postby cal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

I know that we all think TV people don't understand what we do - and they probably don't - nor indeed why should they.

Can I just ask, if you're not interested or don't even approve of what's being asked for, please just keep your comments to yourself or on the Friends and Gossip page.

This is a very public facing part of the website and many people who ask here are genuinely interested and give all of us an opportunity to promote what we do and on some occasions even earn some money out of it.

So, no need to be rude to requests, just move on.

Many of the requests, especially from TV land may expect you to do all sorts for nothing, I'd recommend a civil discussion with the producers about this, if you are interested in the job. Again, don't curse them for trying to get something for nothing.

I've read through all the recent requests and frankly it makes US ALL look a bunch of miserable, grumpy gits - not the sort of way we'd actually like to be seen as a group. What one individual says reflects upon us all.

Just remember that what goes around, comes around - I would rather we were known as being helpful - even if we do want paying, than just rude.

This particular forum should NOT be a DISCUSSION TO MOAN ABOUT TV etc.

Cheers

Cal Tewkesbury - webmaster

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Rules for posting in the Re-enactors Wanted section

Postby Fox » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:44 pm

The following rules will now be used to moderate this forum.

• All postings should be directly related to Re-enactors Wanted: i.e. "Job adverts for re-enactors; schools, film, tv and events organisers please post here."
  • Posts made by production companies, but not relating to re-enactment, may be removed at the moderators discretion.
  • Since this section is this forum's interface to employers a much higher level of ettiquette will be expected. All posts and queries should be polite and relevant. Posts should never be abusive, rude or contain any bad language.
  • This section of the forum is not an area to moan about any specific television programme, production company nor the media industry in general.
  • Any posts that do not meet these guidelines will be removed; repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

As ever, thank you for your co-operation.

Fox
Absolute Wizard

Re: Notes to re-enactors about responding - from Cal

Postby Fox » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:05 am

There is still a small minority of people who do not seem to fully understand what's expected in this section.

You should only post replies if you have a genuine question or you are possibly interested in the offer.

You should not post in this section to:
  • make a smart comment; no matter how amusing you think you are
  • only to tell the poster that the request is very short notice, or that you are not available on that date
  • offer comment on the quality of the offer
  • provide advice, unless it's been asked for

In short, if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Return to “Re-enactors Wanted”