Got Fest 7th and 8th September Ashton Court Bristol

Job adverts for re-enactors, schools, film, tv and events organisers please post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tafskie

Got Fest 7th and 8th September Ashton Court Bristol

Postby Tafskie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Steamhorse Events Ltd is running a new event called GoT Fest on the 7th and 8th of September in Bristol.

This is a very heavily GOT themed event! So its time to shake off the historian and bring out the fantasy fan, larp and cosplay side.

We are looking to see if there are any reenactment groups who would be willing to come on board with the idea and theme both themselves and their encampment at the event.

We are looking for groups who will look at their own image and say, “we think we look like lannisters, but if we could just do xxxx it would look even better”

There is the potential for a Battle reenactment from the series if there are enough groups willing to theme themselves and their look.

If you and your group may be interested in attending please post below with some pictures and suggestions of who you think you could be.

We would be looking to provide some tabbards/shields and banners for the encampments/battles.

Please share this with groups who may be interested.

info@gotfest.co.uk

Graham S Cooley

Re: Got Fest 7th and 8th September Ashton Court Bristol

Postby Graham S Cooley » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:50 am

Hi,

I accept I am a bit of a dinosaur in relation to technology and the latest in things etc.. Hence could someone please tell me what GOT is?

Graham

Foxy

Postby Foxy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Game of Thrones I imagine:)

John Steels

Red Fox Historical Archery
www.redfoxarchery.com
john@redfoxarchery.com
Mob: 07595220528

Graham S Cooley

Postby Graham S Cooley » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 am

Ah! Thanks for that.

I have read the first book but never seen the series so have no idea what type of costume they have tried to create. I did find the book interesting but just not got around to reading any more of the series.
Interesting concept, there must be a reasonable number of people wanting to take part in order to make it viable. I wish them all the best.

Graham

Foxy

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 am

Yeah it's hugely popular
We (Red Fox Historical) provided the have-a-go archery for Thronefest down in Kent
probably half the visitors were in kit dressed as their favourite characters... :)
It was kinda like a comic convention and re-enactment event had a child.

It was reasonably easy to add a bit of Fantasy to the kit, especially if your not trying to be main characters
I picked up a few Larpy bits to wear over Norman Kit and hey presto, suddenly we're bannermen of house Stark.
Made some "dragon glass arrows" and "White Walker" Sack targets to fit the theme and off we go
Huge fun and lots of people keen to learn about the truth behind the fiction.

John Steels

Red Fox Historical Archery
www.redfoxarchery.com
john@redfoxarchery.com
Mob: 07595220528

Return to “Re-enactors Wanted”