Museum Theatre

Job adverts for re-enactors, schools, film, tv and events organisers please post here.

Moderator: Moderators

GoldenHistorian

Museum Theatre

Postby GoldenHistorian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey,
While my account is new i'm fairly experienced in the field of living history if you pardon the pun.
I am currently studying Contemporary performance practice at University which covers acting and directing, im in my 3rd year.
As part of my degree i'm required to take part in a professional placement, and I hope to bring in my previous experience from living history.
Long story short does anyone know of or have any openings for someone like myself? Im hoping to work on museum theater and similar techniques in museums and schools.

I have many impressions such as WW1, WW2 and american civil war. Also hope to go into American Revolution once I graduate.

Thanks for reading,
Benjamin McCabe

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Re: Museum Theatre

Postby Mark Griffin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Benjamin, as I don't seem to be able to pm you, please send a cv to me at mark@griffinhistorical.com, we have a few jobs we are hiring for at the moment.

Griff

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Henri De Ceredigion

Postby Henri De Ceredigion » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:39 pm

GoldenHistorian wrote:Hey,
While my account is new i'm fairly experienced in the field of living history if you pardon the pun. I am currently studying Contemporary performance practice at University which covers acting and directing, im in my 3rd year. As part of my degree i'm required to take part in a professional placement, and I hope to bring in my previous experience from living history.Long story short does anyone know of or have any openings for someone like myself? Im hoping to work on museum theater and similar techniques in museums and schools. I have many impressions such as WW1, WW2 and american civil war. Also hope to go into American Revolution once I graduate. Thanks for reading, Benjamin McCabe

Well, this is interesting to hear as I had no idea that you had to be qualified to be a person who partakes in living history (I just assumed you needed a working knowledge of the period of history you wanted to live and a suitable outfit), does this mean I need to take a course then?

Times Past

Postby Times Past » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:11 pm

I emailed and didnt get a reply

Mark Griffin
Absolute Wizard

Postby Mark Griffin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 am

That's not what he's saying Henri. He's doing a degree in performance into which Living History and historical interpretation falls and just wants some experience.

There are interpretation degrees out there should you wish to get qualified but as the most senior people in the industry have had nothing to do with setting them up I'd wary of their worth.

However as I've no reply to my post either so I assume Benjamin is sorted.

http://www.griffinhistorical.com. A delicious decadent historical trifle. Thick performance jelly topped with lashings of imaginative creamy custard. You may also get a soggy event management sponge finger but it won't cost you hundreds and thousands.

Return to “Re-enactors Wanted”