Who the hell are you?

Yourselves, events, parties, costumes...

Moderator: Moderators

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 am

uni maths. *shudder* There is a reason I'm taking a few years out.... :shock:

Lord Panda, protector of all things cute & fuzzy!
(\_/)
(O.O)
(><)
/_|_\
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature to help him achieve world domination.

http://s4.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=72485

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu May 31, 2007 4:05 pm

m0rt wrote:obv uni maths exam... :oops: hence why i miss gcse maths :P my bad...

Oh, well, maybe NOT swapsies then!

'As long as you have a coif on, you're decent.' Image

m0rt

Postby m0rt » Thu May 31, 2007 6:59 pm

damn, back to hideous analysis revision of doom for me then...

Why I do maths: http://xkcd.com/435/

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:47 pm

Sorry mate. I just can't wait to drop maths!

'Banastre'

Postby 'Banastre' » Thu May 31, 2007 8:04 pm

lidimy wrote:Sorry mate. I just can't wait to drop maths!

Ditto. Atm I'm borderline so .. heh :lol:

"I've just written a very warm, bubbly character who has happy plans for her future. You'd like her. But I was writing it, I was thinking - she's gonna die." - Andy B.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Thu May 31, 2007 8:42 pm

Just for fun, here is my wall of books:

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu May 31, 2007 9:03 pm

Show off! :( My book shelves are a work in progres OK? :(

Where did you get the fancy pine cone? We have one just like it that came from the South of France :D

I have one too, but I painted it! Et voila!

Lidi :D

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Thu May 31, 2007 9:05 pm

That is a mere half of my library. The only problem is it is not arranged by subject or indexed in any way.

I have no idea where my pine cone came from, it was kicking about at home for years before I took it. Yours certainly looks more colourful.

The re-enactors amongst you will have noticed the Mead bottles decorating the top.

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu May 31, 2007 9:09 pm

guthrie wrote:That is a mere half of my library. The only problem is it is not arranged by subject or indexed in any way.

I have no idea where my pine cone came from, it was kicking about at home for years before I took it. Yours certainly looks more colourful.

The re-enactors amongst you will have noticed the Mead bottles decorating the top.

Ah, you see, that's where I win! All my books are arranged in order...

OK OK, height order, then subdivided into colour order, but that DOESN'T make me weird. Have you got that? :oops:
Although I do have a seperate mini shelf for books with tatty covers, mostly Enid Blytons bought for 20p in the sixties, because they ruin the display somewhat.

:roll:

chrisanson
Post Centurion

Postby chrisanson » Thu May 31, 2007 9:24 pm

lidimy wrote:
guthrie wrote:That is a mere half of my library. The only problem is it is not arranged by subject or indexed in any way.

Ah, you see, that's where I win! All my books are arranged in order...

OK OK, height order, then subdivided into colour order, but that DOESN'T make me weird. Have you got that? :oops:
Although I do have a seperate mini shelf for books with tatty covers, mostly Enid Blytons bought for 20p in the sixties, because they ruin the display somewhat.

:roll:

A worn book is a loved book and should be on display :wink:

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Yes... loved by my dad when he was 6 xD

They aren't exactly out the way, in fact the mini book shelf is probably the first thing you see when you come through the door to my room. You have to turn a corner to see my more used shelf :D

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 pm

The thing is, amongst a certain section of the population, ie us, you get kudos for actually having all those Enid Blyton books.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:25 am

guthrie wrote:Just for fun, here is my wall of books:

I drool in your general direction (said in a dodgy French accent)
Is that an empty bottle of Bunratty "Mead" I see?
Oh and my name is a killing word 8) :wink:

(\_/)

(O.O)

(><)

/_|_\

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature to help him achieve world domination.

Zachos

Postby Zachos » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 am

when did pandas become words for killing?

Slowly realizing just how far is still to go.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:29 am

You may not get it but going by some of the books in guthrie's wall he should. :D 8)

(\_/)

(O.O)

(><)

/_|_\

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:33 am

Yes, I want to know too, I mean pandas aren't well known for their fighting abilities.

Yes, that was Bunratty mead.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am

Wait till you see me in action. Bunratty is not mead. Its dodgy wine with honey in.

I am the Kwisatz Haderach :P

(\_/)

(O.O)

(><)

/_|_\

Edgar Harold

Postby Edgar Harold » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am

very cool your house looks like a libaRY
we have also a wall of books, and i got so sick when i filled it that i had to make a libary and reading room in my house, it is a very small space a unused hallway, so i added a small book case lamp nice old old wooden chair, amd some odds and ends it is most comfy now and with me and simon my son been book lovers it is nice to get away form the noise of the house and have a qiuet place, we even have a raven in there lmao watching over you as you read,ohhhhhhhhhhhh i need a man with a big old house and a propper libary mmmmmmm droooooooollllllll. love nicky.x.

Aliens
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
http://www.myspace.com/lunalovegood1969

PaulMurphy

Postby PaulMurphy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:53 am

Should we start a competition to see who has the most books? Or would it be really, _really_ sad to start bidding on how many you can recognise from the photograph? :oops:

I mean, your Dune series is spread all over the place, and having William Gibson two shelves away from Neal Stephenson is just strange, and any man who has Terry Brooks' "Sword of Shannara" on display is clearly both single and likely to remain so... :wink:

I could go on, but I'd need a ladder to get myself out of the big sad hole I seem to have dug.

[Edit: I'd post a photo of mine, but I'd need a camera which can be in three rooms at once, and take photos in 360 degrees 8) ]

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Tournée & The Vikings

Edgar Harold

Postby Edgar Harold » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:01 pm

we should start another thred who has the biggest, the nicest the longest the smallest, it is going to be one of them things isnt it, well i vote for mysself on having the prettyest one, lol i will post pics later lmao

Aliens

Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

http://www.myspace.com/lunalovegood1969

Zachos

Postby Zachos » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:09 pm

well I've painted mine...

Slowly realizing just how far is still to go.

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:12 pm

That competition isn't fair, I am severely disadvantaged as one generally collects book as one's age increases! (and salary too I imagine).

Seeing as it pleases you so much guthrie, my E.B's amount to 24, which isn't a lot, but there are also a lot of other old books such as 'An Incredible Journey', 'Stig of the Dump', 'The Silver Sword' &c which I assure you delighted me and were the books that started me off reading independently when I was about 6 :D

stephen wootten

Postby stephen wootten » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:48 pm

i also spot that you have 3 editionds of dune 1st, 3rd, 4th. and some other herbertish stuff as well. ill quite happily be stilgar or leto Artiedes.

must remember to suggest a 'Dune' night at a fed event....... all those luminous blue contacts would be cool to see.

camera is on the blink mine is much the same as guthries but ive got armour and swords and piles of leather thingies around and through my shelves.

regards steve

cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

A Bayard, A Bayard!!!!!

guthries Sardukarr Bashar

PaulMurphy

Postby PaulMurphy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:57 pm

lidimy wrote:That competition isn't fair, I am severely disadvantaged as one generally collects book as one's age increases! (and salary too I imagine).

Nobody said life was fair :lol:

Anyway, it sounds like you can count your parents' books as well, and that's always an advantage in life. When I started reading seriously, there were 5 books in the house, and 4 of those were tourist guides or road atlases. Maybe that's why I now have so many?

Paul.

Paul Murphy

Tournée & The Vikings

lidimy
Post Knight

Postby lidimy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Oh, very well then. That should the bump the numbers up a bit, but still nowhere near 3 rooms full! The fact that I am still able to count my books gives an idea of their quantity :(

Should all change when I go to Uni though :D

Neibelungen
Post Centurion

Postby Neibelungen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:33 pm

They used to do a similar type of thing on the Ganoskin (jewellery) archive where you'd send in photoes of your workbench.

Kudos went to those with the most disorganized chaos.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:02 pm

Panda wrote:I am the Kwisatz Haderach :P

And I am Miles Teg.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:08 pm

PaulMurphy wrote:Should we start a competition to see who has the most books? Or would it be really, _really_ sad to start bidding on how many you can recognise from the photograph? :oops:

Ahhh, a fellow bibliophile, don't worry, it is a perfectly normal if minority activity.

PaulMurphy wrote:I mean, your Dune series is spread all over the place, and having William Gibson two shelves away from Neal Stephenson is just strange, and any man who has Terry Brooks' "Sword of Shannara" on display is clearly both single and likely to remain so... :wink:

I never had time when I moved in to arrange them properly. I think I have everything of Frank Herberts that was published in this country in book form, if there's anything you'd like to borrow.
As for the sword of Shannara, I bought it because some people seemed to like it and thought it was great. It turned out to be LOTR for 8 year olds.
If you know any nice single women, late 20's, intelligent, into re-enacting but also fairly sensible, let me know.
I do also have some Ann McCaffreys up there, not to mention everything from "Armour" by John Steakley to E. E. Smith. up there in the top right hand corner of the2nd bookcase in from the right.

PaulMurphy wrote:[Edit: I'd post a photo of mine, but I'd need a camera which can be in three rooms at once, and take photos in 360 degrees 8) ]

So would I. I have a 2 bedroom flat, 2 bookcases in the 2nd bedroom, 3 in the main bedroom and 5 in the lounge.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:11 pm

lidimy wrote: 'Stig of the Dump',

That isn't old, I have a copy that was printed when they did the TV series, back in.. umm...

never mind.

guthrie
Absolute Wizard

Postby guthrie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:15 pm

lidimy wrote:Oh, very well then. That should the bump the numbers up a bit, but still nowhere near 3 rooms full! The fact that I am still able to count my books gives an idea of their quantity :(

Should all change when I go to Uni though :D

I, and I don't think Paul, actually have 3 rooms full, it is just that with a budget and space problems there are only so many books you can have at once.
I started counting mine a while ago, but it is hard to count the 2nd row of books (Yes, there is a second row behind all those in the above photo) so I estimate something over 3,000.

Going to uni is great. I am afraid that charity shops have gotten more expensive over the past 10 years, but when I went to uni I had around 500 books, when I left I had well over a thousand. It is relaxing to go through the bookshops, buying interesting books on a Saturday morning.

Return to “Pictures”